Drunk + Pin Drop Location = wrong addy

Libertyfare

I am so over drunk 20 and 30 some things. Text to confirm location after I arrive. Drunk kids call telling me they were in the club when they used the uber ap and am I near them. No, I wasn't, I was way North Raleigh in an industrial area. Had to cancel the ride. On the up side picked up a Security Guard who was going to their bouncer gig downtown and was happy I came saying he never seems to be able to get an uber driver up there. Not a total loss.

Got dinged by another rider for, "not knowing Raleigh," I have driven here virtually my entire driving life and even worked as a route driver covering Wake, Orange, Chatham and Graham and Franklin counties. What I don't know is the location of every 24 hour convince store in Raleigh that will be open at 3:30 am, which is also on route to your friends apartment. So looking for a store in the area is going to take me off the most efficient route between the two points.

Respect The Beard

I am so over drunk 20 and 30 some things. Text to confirm location after I arrive. Drunk kids call telling me they were in the club when they used the uber ap and am I near them. No, I wasn't, I was way North Raleigh in an industrial area. Had to cancel the ride. On the up side picked up a Security Guard who was going to their bouncer gig downtown and was happy I came saying he never seems to be able to get an uber driver up there. Not a total loss.

Got dinged by another rider for, "not knowing Raleigh," I have driven here virtually my entire driving life and even worked as a route driver covering Wake, Orange, Chatham and Graham and Franklin counties. What I don't know is the location of every 24 hour convince store in Raleigh that will be open at 3:30 am, which is also on route to your friends apartment. So looking for a store in the area is going to take me off the most efficient route between the two points.
I had similar experiences as well and got 2 bad reviews due to it and both times the app statedlack of knowledge of city and the places were 24 hour stores I have never seen or were aware were there People kill me because they want cheaps,don't want to tip,but want 10 star service This uber stuff is getting stale and I'm gonna move onto greener pastures soon.

rocksteady

Yeah, locking in a 2am surge ride is a lesson in futility. I love it when I get a call after arriving at a pick up asking where I'm at when their app shows exactly where I'm at--the pick up location that they requested which is in big letters/numbers with a zoomed in picture of the location on the map on the phone they're talking to me on. Even at my drunkest I could of read a map. I think a big part of the problem for those that aren't completely stupid anyways is how Uber advertises the process as "just hit request" and bam! A car shows up at your feet. No need to verify the accuracy of the address. Also, the little blue circle which represents their location remains stationary but an unintentional bump of the screen and the pin goes flying miles away and then they hit request and just assume it's all gone according to Uber's hype. After hitting request there should be an "Are you sure... Is the correct place/address? Please confirm." An easy fix, would save us time-->money and therefore help Uber's profits as well. But their myopic single-minded model to just perpetually spend hiring more drivers combined with their sanctified technology, instead of correcting big but easily fixable issues, is the kool-aid they mixed up to serve themselves. Dopes. I hope to get out of the business with my shirt on to watch as it all comes crashing down.

McLovin

Yeah, locking in a 2am surge ride is a lesson in futility. I love it when I get a call after arriving at a pick up asking where I'm at when their app shows exactly where I'm at--the pick up location that they requested which is in big letters/numbers with a zoomed in picture of the location on the map on the phone they're talking to me on. Even at my drunkest I could of read a map. I think a big part of the problem for those that aren't completely stupid anyways is how Uber advertises the process as "just hit request" and bam! A car shows up at your feet. No need to verify the accuracy of the address. Also, the little blue circle which represents their location remains stationary but an unintentional bump of the screen and the pin goes flying miles away and then they hit request and just assume it's all gone according to Uber's hype. After hitting request there should be an "Are you sure... Is the correct place/address? Please confirm." An easy fix, would save us time-->money and therefore help Uber's profits as well. But their myopic single-minded model to just perpetually spend hiring more drivers combined with their sanctified technology, instead of correcting big but easily fixable issues, is the kool-aid they mixed up to serve themselves. Dopes. I hope to get out of the business with my shirt on to watch as it all comes crashing down.
A better option is to default to putting in the exact address and if it's not listed then the pin drop option is offered. Problem solved.

uberparadise

A better option is to default to putting in the exact address and if it's not listed then the pin drop option is offered. Problem solved.
I love their garbled communication skills when under the influence. I cancel quickly. Surge rides are all around when the bars close. Just find a better rider.

pengduck

After midnight I don't even star the car without calling and confirming the address. I have never had any complaints or backlash from UBer.