Drunk pax reported me as seeming intoxicated

Accorddriver123

had a fare who requested multiple stops that took longer than expected. The last of which was 27 minutes!
When she returned she offered me $10 cash tip for having to wait so long. I accepted and thanked her, but was still very unhappy.
I decided to stop and grab a bite to eat and to unwind from my annoyance. After a 30 minute break I go to log back on Lyft and am told my acct has been “deactivated”. I check my email to see that My account is on hold because she claimed I seemed in toxicated or was in possession of an illicit substance.
Needless to say, I was not. Has anyone else had an issue with a pax like this?
Worst of all this is my first day driving for Lyft, I’ve been ubering for the last few months.

p38fln

I was able to successfully call 911 (you can't call the police non emergency number after hours), calmly tell them it wasn't an emergency and then request that an officer give me a DUI check after a passenger accused me of DUI (to my face, not in the app). They just had me meet them at a DUI checkpoint, blow in the machine, and then said I could ask for the report the next business day if I needed it. I reported the whole thing to Uber along with the results of the DUI check.

The passenger wound up reporting me for bad driving rather than DUI (or Uber ignored it after I explained what happened) but I had covered my butt about as thoroughly as possible lol.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

had a fare who requested multiple stops that took longer than expected. The last of which was 27 minutes!
When she returned she offered me $10 cash tip for having to wait so long. I accepted and thanked her, but was still very unhappy.
I decided to stop and grab a bite to eat and to unwind from my annoyance. After a 30 minute break I go to log back on Lyft and am told my acct has been “deactivated”. I check my email to see that My account is on hold because she claimed I seemed in toxicated or was in possession of an illicit substance.
Needless to say, I was not. Has anyone else had an issue with a pax like this?
Worst of all this is my first day driving for Lyft, I’ve been ubering for the last few months.

My friend, you need to rigorously hold passengers to a maximum of three minutes per stop and especially female Lyft pax. Very few people can go into any store and get out in 3 minutes. I just inform a passenger who wants multiple stops that I will promptly leave after 3 minutes as I have rides waiting on the other platform. Sometimes this results in an offer of "I will tip you in the app". This is always garbage. I just tell them that I am turning down a long distance schedule fare on the other platform. If they don't produce a cash tip at this statement then I hold them to just three minutes per stop and insist that they take all bags with them so no anchors are left in my car. If I cancel the ride I report the pax for safety and violating community guidelines because they are guaranteed to file a made up charge about me because I won't wait for their GQ butt to get out of CVS.

Initial D

I had gotten my ratings lowered before. Drunken pax was going home after having a wine party at friend's house. Gave good tips in cash but was so drunk and missed the 5 star button.

sd1303

I was able to successfully call 911 (you can't call the police non emergency number after hours), calmly tell them it wasn't an emergency and then request that an officer give me a DUI check after a passenger accused me of DUI (to my face, not in the app). They just had me meet them at a DUI checkpoint, blow in the machine, and then said I could ask for the report the next business day if I needed it. I reported the whole thing to Uber along with the results of the DUI check.

The passenger wound up reporting me for bad driving rather than DUI (or Uber ignored it after I explained what happened) but I had covered my butt about as thoroughly as possible lol.
Wow. Don’t call 9-1-1 unless it’s an emergency. In most cases the police won’t be interested in getting in the middle of something like this. Explain your side of the story to Uber/Lyft, offer to provide dash cam footage of you have it.

Alan777

I've had pax ask me if I'm drunk (always drunk themselves) and I just hold up my coffee cup and say "nope". I have been accused of being a sap, but I would not wait 27 minutes for a stop.

Ssgcraig

My friend, you need to rigorously hold passengers to a maximum of three minutes per stop and especially female Lyft pax. Very few people can go into any store and get out in 3 minutes. I just inform a passenger who wants multiple stops that I will promptly leave after 3 minutes as I have rides waiting on the other platform. Sometimes this results in an offer of "I will tip you in the app". This is always garbage. I just tell them that I am turning down a long distance schedule fare on the other platform. If they don't produce a cash tip at this statement then I hold them to just three minutes per stop and insist that they take all bags with them so no anchors are left in my car. If I cancel the ride I report the pax for safety and violating community guidelines because they are guaranteed to file a made up charge about me because I won't wait for their GQ butt to get out of CVS.
Unless they have requested in the app for a stop, I don't stop. I tell them I have another ride stacked.

BikingBob

Use your dash cam and buy a breathalyzer online. They have cheap disposable ones. But you can be like "Today is - X, Y, Z. The time is...I just dropped off...Blow into it and produce the results"

JohnnyBravo836

I guess you probably realize this now, but 27 minutes is utterly ridiculous. I mean this in the most helpful sense possible: don't be a door mat. You end the ride, you leave, they call another Uber when they're actually ready to go. They are testing you to see how much they can disrespect you to your face and to find out just how much sh!t you'll tolerate.

Others have already pointed this out, but according to official Uber policy, they get 3 minutes at a stop; inform them of the time limit, tell them that they must take all their stuff with them, and that you will have to leave if they're not back in X minutes. I give them 5 to be generous. After that, I leave. I had a couple go into a pizza place; I knew that it was highly unlikely they would make it back. After 5 minutes, I left. They will 1* you. The proper way to view this is to not care. I immediately called Uber to tell them that I didn't want to be paired with that rider again, and that Uber shouldn't allow the 1* to stand because they went well over the 3 minute limit; Uber doesn't care.

There's no point in caring what the riders think of you or whether they're unhappy that you won't tolerate them disrespecting you and your time. You have to set limits and you can't expect these imbeciles to like it when you do.