Drugged Violent Pax

miggon123

Have a drop off in a semi ghetto part of the city.

As soon as i drop off i get a Ping to pickup Black (spelled blacc). I've picked up different pax's named black and they have always been trouble but this Black has a 5.0

Get to a retirement home and park in the front office. Out of nowhere this guy appears and starts telling me that i shouldn't have parked here because there is a water puddle and it'll ruin my car.
At this point i realize this dude is either high on meth or coke or something similar. Hardcore tweaking, scratching his arm, acting exactly like you see crackheads act on tv.
I analyze my options, his destination is set 2 min away and he has 2 stops. He tells me he wants me to wait for him 20 minutes while he rolls up on some dudes and pops them. I realize he is probably armed.
All of this happens in seconds. I make the decision to drive him to the first stop 2min away and then leave. He then tells me to not follow the gps. And has me drive down the industrial part of the city and that he promises he wont rob me. At this point im ready for anything. I dont want to eject him because he's probably armed so i drive hom to a bar on the way he is screaming and telling me he is gping to release a rap album and that he's going to pop off on people tonight and that they don't have the guts to pull the trigger. He gets off tells me to wait and screams at an old lady parked next to us. I drive off and call the police.
I was extremely nervous this could go south. I was watching him trying to see if he would reach for anything but didnt. I was afraid the news would say Lyft/Uber brutally murdered or fake news saying Lyft/Uber driver attacks passenger.

Im going to completely quit in the next month this isnt worth it.

unPat

I am starting to thinking about not picking up 5.0 passengers unless it's attraction area or hotels. All the annoying and worthless passengers of late had 5.0. Riders rating can only go down and will never go up. Uber riders anywhere between 4.5.4.8 are good imo.
But it's a different story with lyft. They seriously manipulate their rider ratings. They have disgusting, worse behaving passengers since 2015 with a 5.0. That is simply not possible.

ShinyAndChrome

You probably didn't have your trip types properly filtered. Uber introduced DriveBy this week. I just run with it off, for the most part.
uber.png

miggon123

I am starting to thinking about not picking up 5.0 passengers unless it's attraction area or hotels. All the annoying and worthless passengers of late had 5.0. Riders rating can only go down and will never go up. Uber riders anywhere between 4.5.4.8 are good imo.
But it's a different story with lyft. They seriously manipulate their rider ratings. They have disgusting, worse behaving passengers since 2015 with a 5.0. That is simply not possible.
Honestly ratings aren't accurate. Try not to pickup under 4.8 at night and this still happens.

Cableguynoe

There's a recent thread here somewhere where someone posted multiple screenshots of riders rating, they were 0.0!
I'm hoping this is the new rating for new riders, which would fix your issue with 5.0 riders.

I've been using Uber a long time, long before I became a driver, and I am a 5.0 pax. (Obviously I've always tipped).
So I hate that drivers would assume I'm new and be more likely to not accept my ping, rather than give me preferential treatment knowing 5.0 is most likely a tipper.
While I understand there's not too many true 5.0 pax out there that would always get a 5, there are a few of us left and those should stand out.

Last edited:

miggon123

You probably didn't have your trip types properly filtered. Uber introduced DriveBy this week. I just run with it off, for the most part.
View attachment 155183
Lol i guess you have to have hardcore rep to unlock drive by mode.

There's a recent thread here somewhere where someone posted multiple screenshots of riders rating, they were 0.0!
I'm hoping this is the new rating for new riders, which would fix your issue with 5.0 riders.

I've been using Uber a long time, long before I became a driver, and I am a 5.0 pax. (Obviously I've always tipped).
So I hate the drivers would assume I'm new and be more likely to not accept my ping, rather than give me preferential treatment knowing 5.0 is most likely a tipper.
While I understand there's not too many true 5.0 pax out there that would always get a 5, there are a few of us left and those should stand out.
Also i believe the first few ratings don't affect thr passengers score so you could get a 5.0 that has received numerous 1 stars and is still a 5.

Fubernuber

Have a drop off in a semi ghetto part of the city.

As soon as i drop off i get a Ping to pickup Black (spelled blacc). I've picked up different pax's named black and they have always been trouble but this Black has a 5.0

Get to a retirement home and park in the front office. Out of nowhere this guy appears and starts telling me that i shouldn't have parked here because there is a water puddle and it'll ruin my car.
At this point i realize this dude is either high on meth or coke or something similar. Hardcore tweaking, scratching his arm, acting exactly like you see crackheads act on tv.
I analyze my options, his destination is set 2 min away and he has 2 stops. He tells me he wants me to wait for him 20 minutes while he rolls up on some dudes and pops them. I realize he is probably armed.
All of this happens in seconds. I make the decision to drive him to the first stop 2min away and then leave. He then tells me to not follow the gps. And has me drive down the industrial part of the city and that he promises he wont rob me. At this point im ready for anything. I dont want to eject him because he's probably armed so i drive hom to a bar on the way he is screaming and telling me he is gping to release a rap album and that he's going to pop off on people tonight and that they don't have the guts to pull the trigger. He gets off tells me to wait and screams at an old lady parked next to us. I drive off and call the police.
I was extremely nervous this could go south. I was watching him trying to see if he would reach for anything but didnt. I was afraid the news would say Lyft/Uber brutally murdered or fake news saying Lyft/Uber driver attacks passenger.

Im going to completely quit in the next month this isnt worth it.
I dont know where you live but where i live there is no semi ghetto parts. The lines between ghetto and not are VERY defined. I dont ever pick up in ghetto without being 100% sure that rider is not a hoodrat. Call and feel them out. If they dont pick up then cancel. If the riders name is michael brown and he just bought a dutchie at a bodega then you know what to do

Maudee

So I hate that drivers would assume I'm new and be more likely to not accept my ping, rather than give me preferential treatment knowing 5.0 is most likely a tipper.
Thank

Thank you for saying that. I too carry a 5* and understand the drivers position. As a rider, toes on the curb, respectful and show my thanks with tip half in cash and balance in app, always give 5*, drivers have deserved it. I would appreciate a ride in the future.

Merc7186

Stories like this has confirmed my feelings of when I see a pick up in the ghetto, I just say 'Nope, not gonna be my problem' and cancel the ride.

I'm not dealing with these no class people, the issues they cause and the low ratings they give out anymore.

Tihstae

I was a 5.0 rider until my recent trip to Orlando. Even though I tipped everyone in cash, someone rated me a 4.

Merc7186

I was a 5.0 rider until my recent trip to Orlando. Even though I tipped everyone in cash, someone rated me a 4.

Same shit happened to me in Denver too. 3 rides, all were about 2-3 mile rides, gave $3 cash to each and someone gave me a 4.