• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drug Test and Prescription Medications

Inshur

TheSteve

I'm about to take my annual drug test. I'm now taking a couple of prescription medications that will show up in the screening. What action do I need to take to prove that I have prescriptions and taking these medications legally ? Thanks.

Suli_B

I'm about to take my annual drug test. I'm now taking a couple of prescription medications that will show up in the screening. What action do I need to take to prove that I have prescriptions and taking these medications legally ? Thanks.
Get a letter from your doctor to show to the TLC.

Uber Driver 007

Take the prescription bottle and/or a letter from your physician to your drug test and show it to the lab tech and ask him/her to notate your file for these prescriptions.

You will 'pass' the screening with proof but LabCorp will forward the results to TLC and TLC may or may not care, depending on what kind of prescription you take (ie is it something that makes driving riskier, etc)

TheSteve

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Take the prescription bottle and/or a letter from your physician to your drug test and show it to the lab tech and ask him/her to notate your file for these prescriptions.

You will 'pass' the screening with proof but LabCorp will forward the results to TLC and TLC may or may not care, depending on what kind of prescription you take (ie is it something that makes driving riskier, etc)
So there's a chance it might be considered a "fail" and my license could be suspended until I show TLC the prescription?

Uber Driver 007

So there's a chance it might be considered a "fail" and my license could be suspended until I show TLC the prescription?
No! You provide proof to LabCorp and will pass with 'remarks'. Whether TLC cares or not about the remarks / prescriptions you are taking is a different story. If it's not anything that makes driving around dangerous don't worry about it.

What happens if his drug is medicinal marijuana?
No idea! Ask TLC.

aluber1968

As long as it is not pain killers with codeane or other narcotics you should be ok. They check for illegal drugs.