Dropped pin pax not there:

mghtyred

Had 3 in a row tonight. First one was nice about it. "Man I knew I should have typed in an address. I'm sorry. I'll cancel." 2nd one had the pin in the red zone at city hall! "I think I'm about 5 blocks away. I should be there in 15 minutes. Can you wait?" 3rd was a pin @ concert hall. "Ummm you stupid or something? I'm clearly at the club. You think I listen to that classical REDACTED? Well you just gonna have to come and get me where I am." Nope! Logged off got out of downtown and took a dinner break.

WMUber

I had a fun one on Saturday - double whammy. I get a request for Westwood and Missouri (exact address for Vitamin Shoppe). I text that I am in the parking, get a reply, we are at the Jack in the Box at Santa Monica Veteran. O.K. no surge manipulation and less than five minutes away. I figure I will cut them some slack.

I pull into the Jack in the Box parking lot and they have an infant and no child seat. By now five minutes have passed, I cancel Rider No Show. I tell them it's the law, I will not take them. I can tell by the look on their faces that I was not the first driver to say "No". Frankly, the driver that took them to Jack in the Box without a child seat shares some responsibility for that family's predicament. If that driver said "No" the family would not be stranded at Jack in the Box. I also feel they were changing the pickup address in hopes of getting a driver who would say yes.

Well, I got my $4.00 and before I pulled out of the parking lot, I got another ping.

mghtyred

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get the carseat issue a lot, usually during the day, and mostly international tourists. Most of the time they are very polite about it, seemingly unaware that we have such a law. I tell them to order "Uber Family" which apparently doesn't exist in L.A., but it keeps them busy while I drive off.

tohunt4me

Had 3 in a row tonight. First one was nice about it. "Man I knew I should have typed in an address. I'm sorry. I'll cancel." 2nd one had the pin in the red zone at city hall! "I think I'm about 5 blocks away. I should be there in 15 minutes. Can you wait?" 3rd was a pin @ concert hall. "Ummm you stupid or something? I'm clearly at the club. You think I listen to that classical REDACTED? Well you just gonna have to come and get me where I am." Nope! Logged off got out of downtown and took a dinner break.
Park,wait 5 minutes,cancel,collect.
Drive on.
Stupidity should be costly.
They will learn.

nash801

That's a good one too.
Hey what age/weight needs child seat?
I think it's 8 and under

Last edited:

Lord Summerisle

Get a ping south of the airport, it's a public storage facility. Drive in then get a text from the guy saying he's at the driving range. I think "Jackass" but it's across the street so I pull up to the clubhouse. A further 3 minutes pass then he calls -

"Are you lost?"
"No, I'm at the clubhouse where you told me to go."
"I'm sitting in my truck in the car park."

WTF? As I cancel I see the putz approaching. I give him a nice wave as I zoom off.

F213

I had a guy drop one at Arby's. I pull up, wait. He calls, asks, where the f are you. Arby's, by where you dropped the pin. He tells me he is at the norms across the street. I pull up there and nothing, at this point it's 7 minutes. I creep out of the driveway and start moving slowly south of norms. This guy ran after me, I cancel, take trade dress off, u turn and roll by him without looking at him.

Glad I cancelled, just detailed and he had a sack of something deep fried and it was just not going to go well with the chocolate cherry theme going in my car.

hbdope

I got a pin in DTLA and when I got to the location I saw a guy lying on the street with another guy standing over him and a bunch of homeless people in their tents. NOPE. Turned around and left.