• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drop off at SFO then can't get pins?

JAllStar

It's my 2nd time today that I finished drop off at SFO but can't get a request. I even risk my self ticket waited a little bit(2-5min) at curbs. I check rider app and I was there.

Any one has same situation or has some insights?
It's really pissing me off.

emmhope

It doesn't work if the airport isn't busy,I'm assuming it's failing you on busy sfo hours ? Uber is a little bit of nutjob when it comes to sfo , rules are different there.

Whistler

I'm pretty sure you only get 60 seconds after you hit the dropoff button to get a re-match... do they stack pings at the airport ? If they don't then there's no point in risking a ticket and you should hit dropoff after pax out of car.

JAllStar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did drop off and"complete trip" today when Sfo at x2.5. Completely pissed. I was guessing I canceled too much and Uber put me on Low priority or something.

leeo268

The only time that the rematch didn't work for me is when I got my DF on. Also, never stop and wait in SFO. The risk of Ticket is not worth it.

Gil30

Yeah haven't rematch with anybody in the last 2 days . Well now sfo drop off ain't even worth it anymore ... more cancels coming

GypsyJoker

I usually get pinged right away at both SFO and OAK. If not, after one minute, I get pinged by Uber with a message telling me to get out of the airport and get moving, as my minute is up. I'm surprised you didn't get such a notice.

IndyCon

I'm pretty sure you only get 60 seconds after you hit the dropoff button to get a re-match... do they stack pings at the airport ? If they don't then there's no point in risking a ticket and you should hit dropoff after pax out of car.
Not that's not true. I usually drop people off and then make 1 addition trip around the airport. Plenty of times I've gotten ping after 60 seconds though it does seem like the odds decrease. Though maybe that has changed because I've been leaving empty too much lately.

I havent had a match at SFO after a drop off at various times of day/week in a while at least the last 5-8 trips.
Yeah, I'm running into that issue recently too. I think it been 4 straight trios without a ping.

CNguyen415

If you don't get a request after dropping off at SFO, head to tnc lot and you'll be at the top of the queue. Maybe 20-30 cars in line. Just from my personal experience. Even if theres like 60-70 cars in line already, I get out within 5 minutes.

emmhope

If you don't get a request after dropping off at SFO, head to tnc lot and you'll be at the top of the queue. Maybe 20-30 cars in line. Just from my personal experience. Even if theres like 60-70 cars in line already, I get out within 5 minutes.
Around sfo Uber priotizes some drivers, I have come to notice that lyft might be doing it too. I'm not sure what the cretaria is but I'm sure the cancellation rate plays a big role.

They sent out an email a few weeks ago saying further cancellation at sfo will result in loss of access to pick ups there

SFO rules are pick and go , no looking for the rider no waiting 30 seconds , you either see them or you don't , anything else technically you have earned your ticket which means if they are downstairs I cancel cause I don't need stress over low paying trips, if it's a surge trip I go around and hope they are ready .

Mustafuoco

It's my 2nd time today that I finished drop off at SFO but can't get a request. I even risk my self ticket waited a little bit(2-5min) at curbs. I check rider app and I was there.

Any one has same situation or has some insights?
It's really pissing me off.
Yes you are not alone one yesterday and one today I got nothing .I felt same way

Sfgal

Around sfo Uber priotizes some drivers, I have come to notice that lyft might be doing it too. I'm not sure what the cretaria is but I'm sure the cancellation rate plays a big role.

They sent out an email a few weeks ago saying further cancellation at sfo will result in loss of access to pick ups there

SFO rules are pick and go , no looking for the rider no waiting 30 seconds , you either see them or you don't , anything else technically you have earned your ticket which means if they are downstairs I cancel cause I don't need stress over low paying trips, if it's a surge trip I go around and hope they are ready .
Was the email from uber or lyft?

Sacto Burbs

Was #30 in the queue yesterday about 9am. Was told to go to terminal and got a ping before I put the car in gear.

Sfgal

So yesterday someone mentioned that some drivers who hang out st the sfo lot had been deactivated. I didn't think too much of it. I did notice that each time I went to the lot it had far fewer cars than usual and the usual surge mafia weren't there. Also there wasn't much surge at sfo. So who knows?

emmhope

So yesterday someone mentioned that some drivers who hang out st the sfo lot had been deactivated. I didn't think too much of it. I did notice that each time I went to the lot it had far fewer cars than usual and the usual surge mafia weren't there. Also there wasn't much surge at sfo. So who knows?
I think Uber has been making it harder to work sfo surge because we were manipulating it from the lot, from what I have heard SFO authorities don't want us doing that.

I'm surprised they actually deactivated people , I'm guessing they ignored a few warnings to cut it out

probably the guys who accept pings then wait until riders cancel , bunch of weirdos haha

Sfgal

If it's true well I'm glad. There were four days in a row because the lot was so full that you couldn't get in.

I once left the lot took a ride from sfo came back and those clowns were still there

How the hell do they make any money?