Driving

SEAL Team 5

Getting a lot of bad driving comments from the airport. My rating is 4.8 can I get deactivated and should I contact Uber?
What do you expect? You're picking up pax that have just taking a 4 hour flight that was delayed 6 hours. They sat next to a screaming kid the entire flight and when they went down to baggage they found out that their luggage was still at the airport of origination. You're rated at 3 stars even before you pick them up.

UberIsAllFubared

Most of my airport passengers love me because I am the savior getting them out of the madness of LAX. My best advice would be to know the airport really well, so when you call them to touch base (and I personally believe you need to call them before you leave the lot), direct them to the Departure level and a ride share sign. If you do this well, and you give very easy and clear directions, they put more trust in you, which translates to a better rating. This is my typical phone call to a LAX passenger.

Me: Hello, this is your uber driver. Do you know where to go for the pickup? (at least half the time they say no, the other half say yes, but aren't at the right spot.

Passenger: Its either "No I don't", or "yes Im on arrival level"

Me: Don't worry, I'll get you to the right place. First, you need to be on the departure level upstairs. When you get upstairs, go outside, and you are going to make a right, and in between terminal 2 and 3 there is going to be a ride share sign with the letter B as in Boy. That is where I can pick you up. If you have any problem finding it, just ask someone and they will point you in the right direction, or call me and I'll help you further.

MSUGrad9902

Especially at DTW where uber and lyft are not legally allowed to pick up passengers without commercial plates, chauffer licenses and prepaid booklets of pre-arranged pickup coupons which include the flight number (sold in packages of 10 coupons for $100).

Uber48208

Especially at DTW where uber and lyft are not legally allowed to pick up passengers without commercial plates, chauffer licenses and prepaid booklets of pre-arranged pickup coupons which include the flight number (sold in packages of 10 coupons for $100).
This is the truth 268Smooth. You made no mention of getting threatened by airport county sheriffs. Be happy you've avoided the threats of $1,500 fines and car impoundment to this point. I'm still new to the game and have only made one drop off (sat in hotels north of airport and cell lot south of it and haven't been pinged yet) ... but after reading the Detroit section of this forum, I'm fully prepared to handle my first pick-up.

Given the fact that they're just getting off an airplane, maybe offer them a charge as soon as you pull out of the terminal and try to put them in a good mood off the bat...

268Smooth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't had time to respond to the negative people been making to much money! There was a glitch in the system so everything is cool.

I drove a man to downtown Baltimore and paid the toll thru the tunnel. The app says that I did not take I-95 but some other route. UBER refuse to pay the toll when I gave them the toll ticket with the time on it when I was driving.