Driving without EZ tag

theamp18

Anyone drive without and EZ tag? Had a rider complain that his last driver didn't have an EZ tag and it took like 20 extra minutes to get to his destination. I think it's ridiculous to not have and EZ tag in this area.

tootsie

Anyone drive without and EZ tag? Had a rider complain that his last driver didn't have an EZ tag and it took like 20 extra minutes to get to his destination. I think it's ridiculous to not have and EZ tag in this area.
Rideshare without a tag is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. My question to the pax is how did they rate the driver? They complain to us but not to uber.

deiros

Some pax do not want to take tolls, and don't tell you until you're already on...

Uber adds cost of toll to your payout and you're going to be taxed on it.

tootsie

Some pax do not want to take tolls, and don't tell you until you're already on...

How do you figure you will be taxed? Are you filing properly? All the miles you should be taking a loss unless you are purposely under documenting your losses ( mileage deduction) like I'm going to have to do so I can qualify for a house in the price range I want.

Last edited:

theamp18

I've only had one Pax ask me not to take a toll road so that has not been my experience.

Rideshare without a tag is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. My question to the pax is how did they rate the driver? They complain to us but not to uber.

I don't know what he rated the driver. He said he wished he could filter out drivers without EZ tags. I told him to contact Uber about it.

yamafx4dude

LOL I heard that to. I heard a slew of stories from no ez tag, no ac, people hitting signs, jumping curbs, dirty cars, no english, didnt know how to use the app, didnt know where they were going, i mean on and on. This is the quality uber attracts with virtually no requirements to be a driver. You can have a stain ridden, smelly clunker car and be a complete idiot who can hardly see and still drive for uber. But, have one accident or ticket on your record and you are in going to be lucky if uber lets you drive.

UsedToBeAPartner

Uber spends all the time and money to do a background check but not a single dime to teach their drivers how to use the app! No help, no guidelines, no "tip sheet", nothing. "OK, you passed the background.......Go pick people up, they are waiting at the Galleria!" Getting started is tough to do right.