Driving Uber and Lyft both?

#1husler

Do any of you drive Uber and Lyft? both? Any tips about doing that? I just go "online" with both apps and see which "pings" first, turn off the other after I get a ping, turn the other on after a drop off, etc?

brianboru

I just started driving for both. Doing the same thing you are doing. Just going with the one that pings first. I am hoping that I can do enough Lyft to stop doing uber.

motehab

I've been doing the same thing for the most part. Recently I've tried using only Lyft on late Friday and Saturday nights (11pm and later), and had really good luck getting back to back pings.

PTUber

This topic as been discussed quite a bit. My two cents is yes do both. I'm still getting far more action on Uber over Lyft but it doesn't hurt to do both. If Uber is quiet use Lyft. Whichever is surging turn the other off. Uber tends to surge more than Lyft. Yes I know Lyft's surge is called Primetime. Don't get sucked into Lyft's bonus programs like do 12 rides between these hours and get an extra $20. More than likely you can make more doing Uber during those hours.

Reactions: MHR

Curmudg

This topic as been discussed quite a bit. My two cents is yes do both. I'm still getting far more action on Uber over Lyft but it doesn't hurt to do both. If Uber is quiet use Lyft. Whichever is surging turn the other off. Uber tends to surge more than Lyft. Yes I know Lyft's surge is called Primetime. Don't get sucked into Lyft's bonus programs like do 12 rides between these hours and get an extra $20. More than likely you can make more doing Uber during those hours.

Its really nice when using destination filter - because you get fewer requests, more likely to get one going home at end of shift with both on. Its worth having both just for that.

Reactions: MHR