• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Driving long distance to busier areas

CJfrom619

Well stay the frig home then. I don't give a ratsass
Lol I see you miss the point. Theres other jobs that pay similar to rideshare that probably don’t require a 40 minute commute there and back. I would maybe look for other opportunities but thats just me. If your happy with that commute then what does it matter what I say.

itendstonight

I spend a lot of time online on the apps at home on the computer, even though I am at the outskirts of the population center. I drive part time, mornings and rarely past 2 pm. Usually bring in $200-$300 a week. I rarely drive empty from home to get to a place that might produce more rides.
Amen. I live in the burbs of DC. 9/10 rides are right outside my house or work. Rarely drive far to start. Sometimes early mornings but driving 10 mins for airport runs that are all highway, $25 fares with $10 extra tips and nice pax is worth it

Wasted_Days

Gotta do what you gotta do man, keep the lights on, feed the kids, whatever it is, gotta go where the $$$ is and do your thing, regardless of all the opinionated bananaheads on this forum.

Matt Uterak

It is a math equation.

Is the increased revenue more than the time and vehicle cost associated with driving unpaid for 80 minutes a day.

Set your threshold for increased revenue.

Obviously revenue varies, quite a lot, but a few trial weeks will give you an idea. I can count on certain times/locations more often than not. That is good enough for me.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Just this morning I drove 30 minutes one way and did only 8 trips in about 3.5 hours to gross $90. I'm a little weird though...more of a hobbyist.

oldfart

You forgot option C- find new source of income?

If I had to drive 40 minutes to get requests then I wouldn’t drive rideshare.
My commute to work used to be 60 to 90 minutes each way,,, I also worked from home for a while. That commute was just a walk down the hall to my office

Now I invest 30 to 50 dead miles to get to where the money is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you're actually making 300-400 a, day why not. Your life must be unpleasant tho. When do you sleep?
I only do it mostly on the weekend because I have a day job; When I drive, I usually do it for 12 hours
Post automatically merged:

It is a math equation.

Is the increased revenue more than the time and vehicle cost associated with driving unpaid for 80 minutes a day.

Set your threshold for increased revenue.

Obviously revenue varies, quite a lot, but a few trial weeks will give you an idea. I can count on certain times/locations more often than not. That is good enough for me.
I usually get paid to go to my DF, either a long airport ride to Newark airport or long ride to NYC and get rides back when coming back home. I think I've been lucky so far.

Last edited:

itendstonight

I only do it mostly on the weekend because I have a day job; When I drive, I usually do it for 12 hours
Post automatically merged:

I usually get paid to go to my DF, either a long airport ride to Newark airport or long ride to NYC and get rides back when coming back home. I think I've lucky so far.
Yea if I do DF I pick either Dulles or National airport. Almost always a good airport trip and gets me to the side of Northern Virginia I want to be on