Inshur

Did You get Your NY Driving License so that You could driver Uber

• Yes, Uber is the only reason why I got My driving license

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • No, I have My NY driving license way before Uber came

Votes: 31 93.9%

• Total voters

Daniello

Is having Driving License in NYC really worth it when You can easily travel around subway very cheaply without having to worry about parking headache, insurance, traffic?

Bluefox30

I got my license at 16 also but bought my forst car at 18

1996 honda accord stick shift... loved that car
I got a 93 red civic as my first car drove it two year with mismatched plates. Very Spanish of me had banging system and rims before I put insurance and plates :rolleyes::eek:

theitalian

Every child that is born in NYC has been, is and will be an Uber driver. You get your licence once your are born.

KenStyles

In New York City you cannot get your license at 16. You can only get your permit at 16 and you can get your license at 17.

Ricardo Resolute

Is having Driving License in NYC really worth it when You can easily travel around subway very cheaply without having to worry about parking headache, insurance, traffic?
........As long as u plan NEVER ? to leave the 5 Boroughs and never ? ever anywhere ? rent a car, under those circumstances having a NYC drivers license isn’t “worth it”

Ricardo Resolute

Taxi driver since 1983, still don’t understand why people take taxi while subway is the best way to move around.
I’ve lived in Murray Hill 20 years. Have taken a cab twice. Subway & shoe leather are the way to go ? in our pedestrian city

Why people get in a cab or uber to sit in traffic is beyond me ?‍♂

LucidityOfPower

I never knew that TLc accept manual @@@@@@ cars, if i did i wud have definitely gotten a stick shift
It says so on the T&LC site I think. There was apparently one other guy who did Uber back several years ago in a VW according to a mechanic I went to. He's the only one he ever saw to have a manual besides me. I looked before I chose a manual to be safe (and it's the only car I'd ever drive b/c that's what we drive in EU/Russia most of the time).

Lenny_yellow_cab

It says so on the T&LC site I think. There was apparently one other guy who did Uber back several years ago in a VW according to a mechanic I went to. He's the only one he ever saw to have a manual besides me. I looked before I chose a manual to be safe (and it's the only car I'd ever drive b/c that's what we drive in EU/Russia most of the time).
I envy u my friend