• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Driving in NY

Canteev

Saturday(technically Sunday), at around 2AM, I got a long trip request from Lyft—it’s annoying that Lyft lists it as 45+ minutes rather than 60+ minutes that it was. Regardless, I had my mind set on not turning such a money-making trip, as this has been by far my slowest post-holiday, pre-MMDW months while driving for Uber. The trip was from Asbury to Brooklyn. Lyft credited me with $40 in toll money. I thought about going back to Jersey through Manhattan, but I decided against it, as I didn’t feel like going through the city. But what caught my attention is that I got trip requests while in Brooklyn; the app didn’t go offline. It was the same thing with Lyft, though I don’t remember getting any requests.

NJKing

Saturday(technically Sunday), at around 2AM, I got a long trip request from Lyft—it’s annoying that Lyft lists it as 45+ minutes rather than 60+ minutes that it was. Regardless, I had my mind set on not turning such a money-making trip, as this has been by far my slowest post-holiday, pre-MMDW months while driving for Uber. The trip was from Asbury to Brooklyn. Lyft credited me with $40 in toll money. I thought about going back to Jersey through Manhattan, but I decided against it, as I didn’t feel like going through the city. But what caught my attention is that I got trip requests while in Brooklyn; the app didn’t go offline. It was the same thing with Lyft, though I don’t remember getting any requests.
Did you take the trip? It's probably TLC baiting for payday. I might take requests from other places but I would never take one in 5 boroughs.

UberPete1911

If that's the case then they are working on a new pilot/feature to see how can they get more people into the city.

Remeber that a lot of drivers won't go into the city for the very reason they can't pickup there for a trip back. Add, insult to injury, with congestion pricing that will be forced on all drivers going into the city, can you imagine how many more cancellations will happen?!

We'll what new :poop: they got for us.
Post automatically merged:

Did you take the trip? It's probably TLC baiting for payday. I might take requests from other places but I would never take one in 5 boroughs.
TLC agents won't use the app to bait. They'll do in person.

Canteev

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Of course not. It was 4 AM, and I needed to get back home. Regardless, I wouldn’t pick up in any of the Burroughs.

Jaobidu

yeah ive dropped people off in Nyc and than i started getting crazy uber eats requests none stop