Driving in Kitchener/Waterloo

v65913106

Just wondering if anyone here is driving in the Kitchener/Waterloo area?

Is there enough demand to make it worth my while?

I'm already self employed so my plan is to work late nights (10-3am while the kids sleep) when people are going out for the night and hopefully demand is highest.

Harry70

Just wondering if anyone here is driving in the Kitchener/Waterloo area?

Is there enough demand to make it worth my while?

I'm already self employed so my plan is to work late nights (10-3am while the kids sleep) when people are going out for the night and hopefully demand is highest.
DIY and let's us know if u make more than. 8$ an hour

v65913106

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is $8 an hour a realistic number? Most of the articles I can find online say numbers like that are only really applicable to drivers trying to do this full time.

Deoxlar

Is $8 an hour a realistic number? Most of the articles I can find online say numbers like that are only really applicable to drivers trying to do this full time.
If you are planning on using the you drive website to rent their car to do this, Im pretty sure 8/ hr is a very optimistic number after your expenses alone.

Bobby Loblaw

A caveat to working those hours, especially because of the large number of students, be prepared for cleaning up after riders.
If they haven't thrown up in your car, which will most likely take you off the road for the night, they tend to leave their garbage behind, sometimes throwing it under the front seat.
At times when I have had a full car you can't watch them as closely and after they have left is when you find it. Watch for that drinking crowd attempting to get into your car with a drink. Sometimes you'll catch it and that can lead to anything from good-natured compliance to defiance and a cancelled ride.
Good luck.

EJ974

I once dropped off a passenger in Kitchener only to be locked out of uber app. It was a long drive back with no passengers during a snowstorm.

bestie driver

Now since the thread is reactivated, hiw do i get to drive in KW. I am. GTA driver but have a short term job in KW amd staying there. Just thought of making some extras in the evening. Do I have to go to their office or can I do it online?

CDNcrippler1

Now since the thread is reactivated, hiw do i get to drive in KW. I am. GTA driver but have a short term job in KW amd staying there. Just thought of making some extras in the evening. Do I have to go to their office or can I do it online?
Did you try to do it online? :rolleyes:

Skorpio

They have a Green Light Hub every Wednesday or Thursday..
Its open like 5 to 8pm..
Come early because the lineup is long..
When I did this..
I asked to be unlocked everywhere in Ontario..
Only London and Niagara was hard to get..
Make sure to ask them to put you in waiting list for cities approval..

Best time to drive in Kitchener-Waterloo..
Friday - Sun night..
Or..
Every night from September to April..
Because there is 20k university students..
Going out every night..

Thats my info about KW.

Gone_in_60_seconds

Its impossible to make an average of $20 an hr in Kitchener Waterloo, Most make about $12 on the average for 2 pickups and that's not after the cost of gas and other expenses. I drive Uber in those areas and its same experience for a friend who plan to quit soon
Not enough passenger density to make the rideshare viable, when your getting paid the peanuts rate! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lolinator

They have a Green Light Hub every Wednesday or Thursday..
Its open like 5 to 8pm..
Come early because the lineup is long..
When I did this..
I asked to be unlocked everywhere in Ontario..
Only London and Niagara was hard to get..
Make sure to ask them to put you in waiting list for cities approval..

Best time to drive in Kitchener-Waterloo..
Friday - Sun night..
Or..
Every night from September to April..
Because there is 20k university students..
Going out every night..

Thats my info about KW.
Ajax is a gokdmine