Driving for lyft vs lyft and Uber

Rose511

Hello,

Does anyone drive only lyft full time? Or do you drive lyft and Uber? I stopped driving for uber in metro Detroit because you don’t even get close to a dollar per mile...any responses are appreciated...just wondering if anyone is making decent money driving full time?

ntcindetroit

I only used Lyft when I was wrongfully deactivated by Uber or Uber refused to send ride requests to my app. Now, I'm permanently deactivated by Uber again, and Lyft said they don't reactivate driver app if they were deactivated for good cause or not, Both apps are dying in my phone. They are not the services a driver can use to make it a biz, at least in my own experience. SIGH!

Rose511

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, thank you for your response. I’ve had false claims made against me in the past from reckless driving to all kinds of other nonsense and it sucks that we can be deactivated so quickly for complete scams and lies from passengers.

UofMDriver

Shouldn't drive for either. Current per mile rate and the penny/flat surge blows chunks. Good old days are long gone. Per mile over a dollar and a multiplier for surge. Driving rideshare for a full time job puts you on skid roll.

Rose511

Thanks for your response. I hope the old rates and surge eventually come back.
Shouldn't drive for either. Current per mile rate and the penny/flat surge blows chunks. Good old days are long gone. Per mile over a dollar and a multiplier for surge. Driving rideshare for a full time job puts you on skid roll.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Thanks for your response. I hope the old rates and surge eventually come back.
They're not likely to. There are too many people who don't understand how expensive it is to own/operate vehicles, and they put thousand of miles on newer cars without realizing how much it's costing them until it's too late.

The only thing you can control is the cost side. Drive an economical vehicle and do as many of the repairs as possible yourself or with an inexpensive mechanic.

But you don't want to go too economical though...I drive an Elantra and I'm starting to have suspension/bearings concerns. Yes the car technically can transport 4 adults but it's not good for it.

ntcindetroit

The only thing you can control is the cost side. Drive an economical vehicle and do as many of the repairs as possible yourself or with an inexpensive mechanic.

But you don't want to go too economical though...I drive an Elantra and I'm starting to have suspension/bearings concerns. Yes the car technically can transport 4 adults but it's not good for it.
We have control of [Accept] or not and [Cancel] or not. They have control of everything else. You win when you hit CANCEL or DELETE.

Rose511

We have control of [Accept] or not and [Cancel] or not. They have control of everything else. You win when you hit CANCEL or DELETE.
I agree. My acceptance rate has been very low this week with Lyft. They keep sending rides that are 10 minutes away or further.

fonzo1967

I agree. My acceptance rate has been very low this week with Lyft. They keep sending rides that are 10 minutes away or further.
i noticed most rides are at least 8 minutes plus away but they always seem to lead me to a bonus area and i stay there until the bonus is maxed out and locked where i am guaranteed the dollar amount of bonus...so it kind of makes up for it.. and i use my filters a lot

oishiin driving

I started with Uber, switched to Lyft in May 2017, and never looked back.
Its not even worth it to drive Uber in Detroit, unless after events.
I deleted Uber in 2017.