Inshur

Driving a Prius

Shane Sheikh

So my car is in the garage for service and lots of other maintenance as it’s now on 120k. So I thought I’d rent out a Prius for a week and will be doing Full time Uber for the week (for the first time). Here’s what I have experienced:

I have saved nearly 50% in fuel costs.
No wonder there are so many lampost and object crashes. The view diagonally to the right of you is atrocious. I have missed a few people crossing the street.

No and I mean NO ONE lets you through, even other Prius drivers. I felt this one.

Somehow pax have been nice to me

Ride is horrible although going over bumps not too bad

Lot more shorter jobs then normal but hourly earnings roughly the same

And finally
I hate the Prius

Volkswaber

So my car is in the garage for service and lots of other maintenance as it’s now on 120k. So I thought I’d rent out a Prius for a week and will be doing Full time Uber for the week (for the first time). Here’s what I have experienced:

I have saved nearly 50% in fuel costs.
No wonder there are so many lampost and object crashes. The view diagonally to the right of you is atrocious. I have missed a few people crossing the street.

No and I mean NO ONE lets you through, even other Prius drivers. I felt this one.

Somehow pax have been nice to me

Ride is horrible although going over bumps not too bad

Lot more shorter jobs then normal but hourly earnings roughly the same

And finally
I hate the Prius
When you have a Prius you get a lot of short jobs. Resting your arm on the edge of the door is painful...solid plastic!
The steering wheel is egg shape and the windscreen is far from the driver can't put a SatNav.
Everyone knows you are an Uber even if you work for an office.

Shaddy

Going over the bumps is the worst on Prius especially you coming from an E class, how could you come to that conclusion?

babasanfur

the most important negative point in the prius is the boredom as jeremy clackson says if you put a hyperactive child in it he will sleep in seconds
ive noticed on the way to stansted when i am doing 70ish the back seats always sleep on each others shoulders

Shane Sheikh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Going over the bumps is the worst on Prius especially you coming from an E class, how could you come to that conclusion?
Potholes and bumps yes you can’t beat an e class but I’m talking about speed humps. Them skinny ones are annoying and the 17” Prius takes them better. However i feel like I’m in a thunderstorm on rough roads in the Prius