1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Driving a No-Show ?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by IERide, May 15, 2018.

1. IERide

IERide Well-Known Member

This was mentioned in another thread, so i’ll ask:
    Have you ever had a pax not show up, but instead of cancelling, just start the trip, drive to the destination, and hit ‘drop off’ ?
    I wonder: Would the pax cancel? Would it get reported, or would they not notice (i know, depends on the pax).. How many of those warnings ya think before Uber deactivates you?

Anyone actually this ballsy ?

Rickshaw and Joe Dow like this.
  2. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

This is how you get deactivated.

Eesoso, melusine3, -JR- and 7 others like this.
  3. IERide

IERide Well-Known Member

Obviously.. but, i’m curious how many warnings you get..
    There was a driver here that posted the other day he was quitting and didnt care anymore and was taking “requests” ...Should have had him try it..
    I’m also guessing a few here have done it, or heard stories of those who have..

Rickshaw likes this.
  4. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust Well-Known Member

I’ve never done it but I’m envious of those who have and gotten away with it. I’m guessing your second one that is reported would cause deactivation.

5. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Whenever I've ridden rideshare, I was toes-on-the-curb. That being said, if I ever wasn't, and I saw the driver had started the trip and was going to my destination, I would cancel saying that s/he must have taken the wrong person. No fee for me, no $ for him/her. I might even wait until s/he was almost to the destination.

Uber tracks both phones. Driver would be deactivated, or at least flagged for fraud.

jbk416, melusine3, just_me and 2 others like this.

6. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

You really think you're going to profit from doing this ? The reason you're so curious is because you want to do it. The fact that you continued even after saying "obviously" says a lot.

Eesoso and jbk416 like this.
  7. IERide

IERide Well-Known Member

It’s sad when someone is so diluted they actually think they can read someone’s mind and/or motives of a person they know absolutely zero about, based on a few sentences.
    Maybe “diluted” is the wrong word.. What’s the right word to use here?
    Anyone? Help me out here guys.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2018
    Frœsty and SpongemanGreg like this.
  8. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I haven't done exactly that.

But I've done something a bit similar.

A few times I have continued a ride after drop off.
    Every time I did this i made sure of a few things:

Pax has a lot of money
    Pax is about to have sex so won't be looking at phone anytime soon
    Pax took this nice surge ride anyway so yeah, they got money.

melusine3, kdyrpr, OCJarvis and 6 others like this.

9. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Did it twice . Sort of. Started the trip on my phone assuming the person approaching my car was the pax. Wasn't them and they never showed. App wouldn't let me end the trip until I drove a minimum required distance first . Did so and got paid the minimum fare. both times. Would of done better collecting the $4 cancel fee each time though cancellation % didn't take a hit either.

IERide likes this.
  10. tmpnick16

tmpnick16 New Member

Done this as well. Apparently the riders had entered in the wrong address. (Found this out about 2/3 the way through the ride when the man was giving me directions that didn't match the GPS navi)
    So I continued the ride after I had dropped them off. Figure they already approved the upfront amount when they ordered the ride, and I also wanted to be paid given this was a long ride to the next city over. They wouldn't have paid any less if I dropped them off early, I was only putting the money in my pocket instead of Uber's.

Dude.Sweet., New2This and Cableguynoe like this.
  11. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing! Well-Known Member

This only shafts the rider. I think the adversarial relationship between driver and rider is misdirected anger at Uber and Lyft.

I’ve had a few, ‘paxholes’ but not enough to poison my view of all riders. As a driver, I bare no ill will to my riders. The overwhelming majority of my rider experiences have been super positive.

I’ve seen posts and heard from driver pals, words to the effect, “screw Uber/Lyft, I’ll just go off line.” Uh you’re only punishing yourself.
    Now find a way to shaft Uber/Lyft without costing me money and I am in!

12. Terri Lee

Terri Lee Well-Known Member

Where you trying for "deluded"?

UberfiST and Ant-Man like this.
  13. IERide

IERide Well-Known Member

Yes, see, i knew i had it wrong.

14. Prius Mike

Prius Mike Member

Same. Started the trip once when I shouldn't have. Couldn't end the ride without driving so I drove just enough then ended the ride.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  15. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

Another issue is that when the ride is "over" the pax gets the chance to rate you before they claim fraud.

-JR- and just_me like this.
  16. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing! Well-Known Member

Best for intended context IMO, arrogant. Like me! Telling folks which words to use.

17. IERide

IERide Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter now.. A Moderator edited out all the nastiness from my post so now the fun is all gone.

18. jj0115

jj0115 New Member

Almost did this on Lyft for a scheduled pick up. Drove 20 minutes to get there and knew it was $120+ fare. Lyft does arranged rides for the health facilities around here. Go into the place - say he hasn't shown up or taken his meds yet. These fares would be no pax gps because they don't have the app anyway...but reluctantly took my $5 and left.

Ant-Man, backcountryrez and IERide like this.
  19. Seahawk3

Seahawk3 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have done this to the scammers who try to steal your info lol. I got one of them for almost 100 bucks. I very much doubt they would have reported me because there uber name was uberoffice. So free money

ibeam23 likes this.
  20. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I accidentally started a trip once while trying to call the pax to find them. Luckily they found me just as I did it.

Anyway, I'd at least call the driver before trying to get them fired. Mistakes happen.

Scheduled trip cancels pay $10.

Supersponge likes this.