• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drivers, You're Not Imagining Things

Carbuncle

Fisfis

In this scenerio I was talking about investors who came in around 2012. At that time, I believe you could get a 2% rate for something like this

Now it’s more like 4 but then again no one who invested in Uber recently could really do this anymore

Also I know finding 10% is not easy but the people who know what they are doing should be able to find it

I respect you driving for Uber after going through some unfortunate events

I’m in the same boat?
You can’t get a 90% loan on a stock. You can get a 10% interest or even more from banks in third world countries however, you’d get it in local currency not in US dollar. And their local currencies usually devalue more than 10% a year because of hyperinflation. That’s why it’s so hard to attract foreign investors to those markets.

Carbuncle

You can’t get a 90% loan on a stock. You can get a 10% interest or even more from banks in third world countries however, you’d get it in local currency not in US dollar. And their local currencies usually devalue more than 10% a year because of hyperinflation. That’s why it’s so hard to attract foreign investors to those markets.
Our government and corporations have long meddled in many of these nations’ economies to ensure the USD is always much stronger. NAFTA and similar trade “deals” are simply an aggressive strategy to keep poor people poor in Latin America by enriching a small number of oligarchs in these countries in exchange for sweetheart deals for North American corporations to exploit cheap labor and crush domestic markets by annihilating locally owned ranches and farms. NAFTA devastated family farms, ranches, and manufacturing sectors in these nations that had lasted generations. A very large percentage of the migrants that keep coming to the US worked on these lands and in these industries. Many of these migrants were also once wealthy land owners destroyed by NAFTA and companies like Chiquita (formerly United Fruit, one of the most evil companies ever) and Monsanto.

Cuba is one of the best examples of this ever. The US has aggressively imposed trade embargoes and sanctions on Cuba for nearly as long as we’ve been involved with them, long before we installed brutal oligarchs like Batista who were just puppets. When you look at how vigorously the US has prevented Cuba from trading with almost anyone it’s a miracle that nation has survived this long, let alone achieved 100% literacy, accessible health care for all citizens, 0% homelessness, and one of the most culturally rich societies on Earth.

I’m not preaching for Castro and there’s no doubt Che would have been a better leader but Cuba would be a very different place (for the better) if the US hadn’t been keeping its boot on that country’s neck for nearly two centuries now.

Greece is another example. So is Indonesia. So is East Timor. So is much of Africa. China was a good example but they’ve figured out how to flip the script and are poised to become the world’s largest, most stable economy soon.

Greed is NOT good, it’s cancerous.

RoadKook

All China has figured out is how to leverage & manipulate pretty much everything from their national debt, GDP, trade and anything else state run.

There is one country that's stable and trusted enough to issue treasuries and bonds with good faith to be repaid which is why the US dollar is the only major world currency and will continue to be for a long time.

As for getting rich quick unless you're willing to gamble against unreasonable odds you'd be far better off coming up with a long term plan to invest in equities both taxable and non taxable and real estate.

As for ride share that was over for drivers 4 years ago. Simple math and common sense dictates that. Desperation is not a good formula for success.

Carbuncle

All China has figured out is how to leverage & manipulate pretty much everything from their national debt, GDP, trade and anything else state run.

There is one country that's stable and trusted enough to issue treasuries and bonds with good faith to be repaid which is why the US dollar is the only major world currency and will continue to be for a long time.

As for getting rich quick unless you're willing to gamble against unreasonable odds you'd be far better off coming up with a long term plan to invest in equities both taxable and non taxable and real estate.

As for ride share that was over for drivers 4 years ago. Simple math and common sense dictates that. Desperation is not a good formula for success.
China has the largest manufacturing sector on the planet. They’re also moving rapidly in agriculture and transportation. They are building out one of the most vast and innovative multifaceted transportation infrastructures ever.

The US is increasingly a debt based and service sector economy, literally the two worst economic models to build an economy on. The fact that there’s a massive push to privatize all utilities and government functions is also a very troubling sign.

The US transportation infrastructure is the worst of nearly all developed nations, with many cities and regions (SoCal) literally being laughing stocks in this arena.

Foreigners from some of the most backwards and despotic nations (China, Russia, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, Brunei, just to name a few) are given near carte blanche to gobble up massive amounts of US real estate while Australia, New Zealand, and many European countries are clamping down.

The US has destroyed so many of its most important financial sectors (manufacturing most especially) that it keeps creating massive vulnerabilities that are easy to exploit. Add in the insanity of deregulation and it makes it incredibly easy for bad actors to exploit these vulnerabilities.

Our enemies have realized they don’t have to bomb us to ruin us, they just have to play by our sloppy rules and they can buy the country out from under everyone.

The most powerful weapons in the world today are tech and currency and the propaganda of deregulation which hobbles the very government agencies most needed to protect the nation from collapse.

RoadKook

Thats funny. You actually think US debt is even comparable to China's? China is a house of cards with the only checks and balances manipulated by their communist state run gov't.

The most powerful weapons today are sanctions and tariffs. You think China is negotiating trade because they want to?

BTW back in the 80's Japan was the one gobbling up US real estate including Rockefeller Center. How did that work out?

Carbuncle

Thats funny. You actually think US debt is even comparable to China's? China is a house of cards with the only checks and balances manipulated by their communist state run gov't.

The most powerful weapons today are sanctions and tariffs. You think China is negotiating trade because they want to?

BTW back in the 80's Japan was the one gobbling up US real estate including Rockefeller Center. How did that work out?
China is communist the way North Korea is a Democratic Republic (look it up).

You rookies, I swear. Whack-a-moles galore.

WEP

I’ve posted this before but I’ll do it again for anyone who didn’t see it

Let’s say you invested $1million in Uber back in 2012

Come 2015 at the height of the hype Uber is valued at $60B and your investment is worth, say, $10M

Ok, so here’s what you do. You go to any bank and you say hi I want a loan i
Will use my Uber stock as collateral.

They will give you 90% of the value at an insane rate (maybe 2%)

So let’s say your payments are $33,300/month

You then take that $9M and invest it somewhere that gives a 10% annual return. ($75k/month)

You get $75k, you pay $33,300 so you’re left with about $40k/month income off of a $1m investment.

No matter what happens to Uber you are set for life.

If Uber can get you money in an IPO that’s just gravy

But at this point you shouldn’t even care what happens. And why should you?

Meanwhile, if you are an investor who isn’t this savvy then you are screwed

The end
[/

Banks don’t allow you to borrow and use stocks as collateral, banks know better. Their financial advisors sell you stocks and mutual funds but ask them for a loan to buy stocks and they will close the door on you. Paper assets are invisible, they are here today but tomorrow may be gone, banks don’t play in this arena.

NotUber714

I’ve posted this before but I’ll do it again for anyone who didn’t see it

Let’s say you invested $1million in Uber back in 2012

Come 2015 at the height of the hype Uber is valued at $60B and your investment is worth, say, $10M

Ok, so here’s what you do. You go to any bank and you say hi I want a loan i
Will use my Uber stock as collateral.

They will give you 90% of the value at an insane rate (maybe 2%)

So let’s say your payments are $33,300/month

You then take that $9M and invest it somewhere that gives a 10% annual return. ($75k/month)

You get $75k, you pay $33,300 so you’re left with about $40k/month income off of a $1m investment.

No matter what happens to Uber you are set for life.

If Uber can get you money in an IPO that’s just gravy

But at this point you shouldn’t even care what happens. And why should you?

Meanwhile, if you are an investor who isn’t this savvy then you are screwed

The end
Lol... Anyone with $1M to invest does not think like that. You know who do? Poor people...

RoadKook

Hillarius all the self loathing libs actually bashing the US in favor of their heroes China, Russia & Cuba. You forgot to add Venezuela. Very disappointing!

Carbuncle

Hillarius all the self loathing libs actually bashing the US in favor of their heroes China, Russia & Cuba. You forgot to add Venezuela. Very disappointing!
I’m not a liberal. I’m merely stating facts.

But go ahead and keep sucking the big D of a country that’s letting companies like Uber pay you less than drivers in third world countries are making.

BTW, Tony West, a former Obama staffer, is Uber’s senior VP of operations and chief legal officer.

iheartuber

I’m not a liberal. I’m merely stating facts.

But go ahead and keep sucking the big D of a country that’s letting companies like Uber pay you less than drivers in third world countries are making.

BTW, Tony West, a former Obama staffer, is Uber’s senior VP of operations and chief legal officer.
I’m anti big business but im not a liberal

LOL

Carbuncle

I’m anti big business but im not a liberal

LOL
I’m anti-unethical business.

There are ethical big businesses, they just don’t get much - if any - attention, because Americans apparently think it’s sexier to behave and treat others like a complete piece of ?.

And I’m a pragmatist.

You’re seriously lacking in knowledge.