• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drivers, you're not a U-Haul

NYCFunDriver

I think some people consider rideshare as a buddy of theirs they can call for almot evey aspect of their day to day life. Need to move? Call an Uber. Need to go to the ER? Call an Uber. Send your kid to school? Yup, call an Uber.
As long as PAX doesn't need an ambulance bringing them to the ER isn't an issue with me. I've had a couple.

Pax Collector

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As long as PAX doesn't need an ambulance bringing them to the ER isn't an issue with me. I've had a couple.
A buddy of mine had to decline a ride because this construction site called Uber for a worker that was bleeding profusely. As long as they're walking, talking and not bleeding or leaking other bodily fluids, I have no issue with it either.

mark_mark

During the summer I had a PAX who had to move out of her apartment. It was a Friday night. I picked her up in Brooklyn and had to bring her to Queens. It took her ten minutes to put her belongings into my vehicle. Heavy garbage and laundry bags stuffed with personal belongings. I saw she was recovering from a leg injury. She told me when I started the trip two other drivers cancelled. Now I see why. Too much baggage. We get to her drop off point and find out the person who was renting to her gave her the wrong address. The trip ended. I helped unload her items to get out of there quickly and told her she'd have to get another Uber. I couldn't take an unsolicited fare and I wasn't going to reload my vehicle. I'm outta here! Never again. Call a mover.
put (2) $20’s on my dash and Hell... lets roll... but mr. Nice Guy shit don’t roll with me. Mr. Trump Cash! let’s Roll!

Pax Collector

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, we had the greatest generation, then the boomers, the millennials, now on track to the maniacs. Should be a fun road ahead.

Uber's Guber

Instead of being a grown up 35+ year old adult that she was, and rent a U-Haul or Home Depot pick up truck for an hour, she called an Uber. Even then, instead of an Uber XL, she chose a X. ( which in 80% of the time in Seattle, that would be a Prius.) Even after that when she saw me pull in, and saw the quality and size of my car, she thought this was an option.
You were her second option. Her first option was pool.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
yep, Generation Suck!
In all fairness, every generation thinks the generation younger than it, sucks. Imagine all the WWI & WWII veterans who likely endured some serious horrors in foreign lands, watching teenage Baby Boomers driving around in wing-tipped cars and ordering burgers and sodas from girls on Roller Skates, or flashing peace signs and handing out flowers and mood rings.

Be careful how you judge. These younger folks get to decide the type of old-age facilities you are going to spend your waning years in.

mark_mark

In all fairness, every generation thinks the generation younger than it, sucks. Imagine all the WWI & WWII veterans who likely endured some serious horrors in foreign lands, watching teenage Baby Boomers driving around in wing-tipped cars and ordering burgers and sodas from girls on Roller Skates, or flashing peace signs and handing out flowers and mood rings.

Be careful how you judge. These younger folks get to decide the type of old-age facilities you are going to spend your waning years in.
My old age facility will be in Mexico with 24 pack of don’t care on ice... Lime, tacos, bikini dripping in coconut oil... Yep!

Ovaro

I cancel rides whenever I get pinned down at Costco or Walmart. Most times, people tend to have fully loaded carts. Moreover, these passengers expect us to carry their groceries to their front doors.

Fargle

How do you see the in app pax messages after cancelling a ride? Just got a ping from HD, then an immediate message from pax: "at home depot loading dock. Have wood to load"

I HATE uber for this. At least Lyft will show the business name instead of street address. At least this guy saved me the trouble of driving there.
In Bellingham, WA, the Uber driver app will sometimes display the business name; usually no more often than a third of the time.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Yeah, but they'd have to pay like $3 a minute wait time for the loading and unloading at both ends of the trip. If they implement that, they might as well go all the way and let us bill for drive thrus and grocery shopping.
That’s exactly what they need to do. All wait time should be properly paid for by pax.