1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drivers, you're not a U-Haul

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Pax Collector, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Risab1981

Risab1981

I must be in the minority here but, mattresses (and full on moving scenarios) aside, I don't mind hauling **** as long as it's @ XL/LUX XL rates.
    I'd rather have 1 PAX leaving a Best Buy with a 65" Samsung in my car vs. 6 Aux Bros(trademark mark_markmark_mark )leaving a Brewery going .7 miles back to their Frat House, or waiting on 6 people to get in and out going .5 miles back to their hotel.

I've hauled 3 Tv's. No big deal. Longish trips and always tipped.

Most of my XL trips are 2-3 people with a ton of luggage going to the AP, so I'm "hauling" their luggage. What's the difference if it's 5 big ass suitcases or 1 TV, or a couple of boxed furniture leaving IKEA?

BTW a suitace being loaded, with their hard ass wheels are far more likely to scratch your car then a wax coated cardboard TV box.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    New2This likes this.
  2. mark_mark

mark_mark

Aux Bro! come on dog! biting my style nationally

Pax Collector and Risab1981 like this.
  3. Risab1981

Risab1981

My fault! Fixed that for ya!

4. 2Cents

2Cents

They had no cash when you asked them?

mark_mark likes this.
  5. mark_mark

mark_mark

that’s whaz up

4 real! “I’ll pay you $100 in badges”

2Cents likes this.
  6. joebrown618

joebrown618

Driving:
    UberXL
    I had one kinda like this this past sunday. Get in app message "You are taking my mom home, she has some bags, we will help load them and someone will help unload them". I almost canceled but sunday nights are slow. I assumed it was a "short moving my crap" thing. When I got there it was a wheel chair, O2 machine, assorted plastic bags, a wheel chair and one large woman. Oh, and two cats in cages. They told me it was a 30 or so mile ride, 3 drivers canceled already and gave me $20 upfront to not do the same. I have a minivan so I did do it, I even loaded most of the crap to make sure they damage anything. Turns out this woman was staying with her son for 3 weeks over xmas, was a former exotic dancer and crackhead. There were people there to unload her crap also. I would up getting a ride half-way back home on DF.

New2This and Risab1981 like this.
  7. touberornottouber

touberornottouber

Driving:
    UberX
    Even worse, what if she had bed bugs? :(

-JR-, mark_mark and Pax Collector like this.
  8. Ugh! Didn't think of that lol Ewwww!

9. mark_mark

mark_mark

Easy to kill bed bugs in yo car... wrap up the car in plastic wrap. crank the heat up full blast... 3 hours later no bed bugs

Pax Collector likes this.
  10. corniilius

corniilius

Driving:
    UberX
    Stupid ants doing stupid ant things.

11. Slim Pete

Slim Pete

You were smart, but I'm pretty sure they soon found an ant dumb enough to take them.

Lissetti and Pax Collector like this.
  12. Lissetti

Lissetti Moderator Author

Driving:
    UberX
    I got another ping 2 minutes later and picked up another pax. The route took me back by there in less than 10 minutes and she was gone. The worker was sitting back at his station drinking coffee.

13. 2Cents

2Cents

I took a ride to a Starbucks one time and me and the driver were Chillin in the parking lot after the ride so we both started sharing stories of ackward passenger requests and we were both laughing ... as we both were laughing a request came in.. he was like " I have to accept this..."
    As soon as he did the passenger called and he had his blue tooth hooked up to the speakers...
    The passenger was like " Yo do you have room in your car for a dresser?"
    The driver was like " excuse me"?
    The passenger was like "yo, I'm across the parking lot at the rooms to go.."

We both exploded laughing and I said" that's my cue to go.. that's all you."
    The driver took off.

Ishurue, Pax Collector and mark_mark like this.
  14. LAWeasel

LAWeasel

How do you see the in app pax messages after cancelling a ride? Just got a ping from HD, then an immediate message from pax: "at home depot loading dock. Have wood to load"

I HATE uber for this. At least Lyft will show the business name instead of street address. At least this guy saved me the trouble of driving there.

TheDevilisaParttimer likes this.
  15. Uber_Dubler

Uber_Dubler

Driving:
    UberX
    I like the one's where Sue is the rider, she comes out from the apartment, gets in the car, you confirm her name, swipe start the ride, and then she asks you to wait b/c her boyfriend is coming right out. 4 Minutes later he's coming out with a suitcase and expects me to put it in the trunk.

Pax Collector and 2Cents like this.
  16. mark_mark

mark_mark

Yo don’t come down to Seatte! We blowing up a Bridge and using Uber Prius to hual it out!

Viaduct Car End Of the World
    -Tminus Friday 10pm!!!!

Coke is on me

17. Yup, at the end of the day it's all about what makes financial sense to you and doesn't damage your vehicle, especially if it's accompanied by a good tip.

18. NYCFunDriver

NYCFunDriver

Driving:
    UberX
    During the summer I had a PAX who had to move out of her apartment. It was a Friday night. I picked her up in Brooklyn and had to bring her to Queens. It took her ten minutes to put her belongings into my vehicle. Heavy garbage and laundry bags stuffed with personal belongings. I saw she was recovering from a leg injury. She told me when I started the trip two other drivers cancelled. Now I see why. Too much baggage. We get to her drop off point and find out the person who was renting to her gave her the wrong address. The trip ended. I helped unload her items to get out of there quickly and told her she'd have to get another Uber. I couldn't take an unsolicited fare and I wasn't going to reload my vehicle. I'm outta here! Never again. Call a mover.

19. I think some people consider rideshare as a buddy of theirs they can call for almot evey aspect of their day to day life. Need to move? Call an Uber. Need to go to the ER? Call an Uber. Send your kid to school? Yup, call an Uber.

20. Gtown Driver

Gtown Driver

Driving:
    Lyft
    In these type of situations it's nice if they at least get in your car and keep you company. I had a guy try to use a pool to ship car shop tools in my trunk and told me to go drive them 40 minutes away into the next state during rush hour. He was truly using it as a delivery service, not even gonna get in the car. That was not happening.