Drivers with pre 2009 cars Keep Quiet

Santa

If you've a car older than the regulations are allowing, and you're able to drive in Toronto, THEN you need to SIT quietly.

Just drive and stop posting in here or anywhere that you CAN log on and drive.

If anybody other than us finds out about this, then they WILL block you and the rest of us.

If you've a fear of not being covered then Do Not drive, but just keep quiet. Why are you trying to kick a Gold egg laying goose in the butt??!!

Let the rest of us with older cars Keep driving. Most of us didn't care about the insurance then, and don't care about the insurance now.

Enjoy it till it lasts BUT for the love of God don't be the ones to screw it for the rest of us, because you're scared of what the outcome might be.

Cheers and Uber on.

Superduber

The reality is that 100% of us are not meeting all of the new regulations requirements. For example no one has the sticker to put on the back of their car and is not like everyone was just cut off. So it seems Uber is not doing a hard enforcement of the new rules. Until they say otherwise i guess it's business as usual.

scott huston

You are still responsible for your own actions. Anyone with an older car shouldn't be driving. Uber will not take responsibility if you get caught. Their insurance will not cover you.

Hannibalb

I dont see why it would affect insurance. They are probably going to avoid cutting people off until they know the city is ready to enforce new rules.

Superduber

On 680 news last night they said the city is catching up with licence issuing and it will take a few weeks to months for everyone to be in compliance with the new rules.

I think some may still be able to drive for a bit
This is probably the best answer as to what is going on. City is the backlog, licences not even available to be issued so how can any rules be enforced?

Harry70

This is probably the best answer as to what is going on. City is the backlog, licences not even available to be issued so how can any rules be enforced?
Unless they r clear on it or uber has taken the extension ; it's enforced ; anyway anybody who doesn't qualify extension won't be applicable to them

One Star

You are still responsible for your own actions. Anyone with an older car shouldn't be driving. Uber will not take responsibility if you get caught. Their insurance will not cover you.
I believe you are incorrect. The age requirement is a city regulation. It has nothing to do with the insurance company.
If you are able to log into the platform you are still covered.

The insurance is not for Toronto only, it is province wide.

Campark

Lol i tried a pizza delivery job... was a huge waste of time... 6 delivery guys in 1 store. 1 maybe 2 deliveries an hour.... 10 bucks an hour lol.... i heard these guys make money but i guess not...

uber fool

Not exactly but whatever, anything I make from this is gravy to my already healthy income. This is all fun to me, it beats getting a p/t job. Ha!
Healthy income, correct me if i am wrong but dont you drive a 2008 shitebox. If your income is so healthy why dont you have a decent car mr big shot