Drivers with new car question

New car drivers, do you avoid nights when people tend to be drunk more?

• Yes

• No

• Yes and No, explain in the comment section

Results are only viewable after voting.

htboston

For drivers with new or nicer cars, do you guys try to avoid Friday and Saturday nights because the risk of pukers go up? Or do you take that risk because you get more rides done?

KK2929

I do not work late Fri & Sat night. I get too many drunks at 5:00 pm , as it is. The puking is bad enough but the chance of being assaulted, robbed or murdered is a very real concern.
I am female. Do not see any reason to expose myself to a possible problem. Came across a video cam in a Lyft/Uber car recording the driver being robbed at 10:00 at night. The backseat robber put a head lock on the driver and almost choked him to death as he emptied his pockets of cash.
Frightening to watch. Do not know if it will open on this forum.

Coachman

I avoided drunks with my old car and I'll avoid them even more with my new car. I don't mind them disrespecting my car so much as I mind them disrespecting me.

I do not work late Fri & Sat night. I get too many drunks at 5:00 pm , as it is. The puking is bad enough but the chance of being assaulted, robbed or murdered is a very real concern.
I am female. Do not see any reason to expose myself to a possible problem. Came across a video cam in a Lyft/Uber car recording the driver being robbed at 10:00 at night. The backseat robber put a head lock on the driver and almost choked him to death as he emptied his pockets of cash.
Frightening to watch. Do not know if it will open on this forum.

I don't see how anybody with a heart can watch that and still be opposed to the death penalty. That's an animal that deserves to be put down. Don't be fooled when he shows up in court in a tie.

htboston

I drive a 2017 and have never been out later than 8pm. I know I could earn more driving late nights but it is just not worth the risk to me.
Are you more afraid of pukers, drunk stupid college kids, or getting mugged?

Uberyouber

A sign of disrespecting your car means they don't respect you.

Of course it is riskier. This question is more concentrated on pukers and stupid drunk city people saying or doing something dumb in our property.

Drunk drivers are not concerned if you think it's "riskier" driving a new or an old car when they T-bone you at an intersection doing 60 miles a hour...

htboston

Drunk drivers are not concerned if you think it's "riskier" driving a new or an old car when they T-bone you at an intersection doing 60 miles a hour...
I'm talking about drunk riders, not drunk drivers. Car crashes can happen in the morning and afternoon too. I believe more accidents occur in the morning and afternoon than at night. Like I said, this post is about risking f-ing up your new car's interior.

Awesomeness101

u got guts, man. maybe minnesota people are better and more mannered than idiots in my city.
It's definitely possible. I've had one puker and one drooler (passed out on my door). Nothing major, car still looks spotless.

It helps that I work part time at Enterprise Rent a Car so I have access to professional cleaning equipment for free so basically detail it weekly.

Gwoae

I have been running into this debate with myself as well. I drive a 2016 xl vehicle. I drove 11pm last night until 12 noon today. Normally I would drive 3am till noon but I wanted to test the waters a bit. Problem with an xl is I got lots of xl ridea with 6 drunk people. At least with x you only get 4. Anyways, between 11pm and 3am I made $175 because of surging xl rides. Pretty decent money but I can't decide if the risk is worth it.

htboston

I have been running into this debate with myself as well. I drive a 2016 xl vehicle. I drove 11pm last night until 12 noon today. Normally I would drive 3am till noon but I wanted to test the waters a bit. Problem with an xl is I got lots of xl ridea with 6 drunk people. At least with x you only get 4. Anyways, between 11pm and 3am I made $175 because of surging xl rides. Pretty decent money but I can't decide if the risk is worth it.
between 11pm and 3am I made $175 because of surging xl rides. Pretty decent money but I can't decide if the risk is worth it.
What's your net profit after gassing up your car to original amount and putting some away for car and tax bills?

Uberyouber

I'm talking about drunk riders, not drunk drivers. Car crashes can happen in the morning and afternoon too. I believe more accidents occur in the morning and afternoon than at night. Like I said, this post is about risking f-ing up your new car's interior.
The Uber cleaning fee is the same. It doesn't matter if the car new or old. Or if it's puke or blood...

Uber Crack

Author
I drive nights and have had 14 vomiting Pax since I started. They all made it to open the door and lean out. That's what I instruct them to do and so far it's worked... Cross fingers. I don't mind vomiters. The fear of vomiters is worse than the vomiters themselves. I think communicating with them and figuring out the 'vomit out the door' plan in advance works well.