Drivers still picking up passengers in different cars?

Markbrla

A rider told me last night that he was picked up in a taxi without decals. It was different than the listed car on his Uber dash. The driver said his normal car was in the shop. This is the third time that I've heard of this. Anyone else heard anything like this in Baton Rouge?

I sent an email to Uber but haven't heard back. In my opinion this is a security issue for passengers.

newsboy559

A rider told me last night that he was picked up in a taxi without decals. It was different than the listed car on his Uber dash. The driver said his normal car was in the shop. This is the third time that I've heard of this. Anyone else heard anything like this in Baton Rouge?

I sent an email to Uber but haven't heard back. In my opinion this is a security issue for passengers.
You should have cancelled the ride and requested another Uber. Then later, email Uber with the name of driver and time, place of request to report it. The driver should not be driving anything other than the listed vehicle. PERIOD! If his Uber car is in the shop, that's unfortunately a hazard of being in business for himself. His car is down? So is his business.

Sydney Uber

Happens all the time, all the fleets.

LAuberX

My favorite was when I spotted the uber phone in a moving car with 2 pax in the back seat on 2nd and Arizona....

The rear window clearly had large lettering "service loaner from santa monica lexus"

NO WAY any party involved was following the rules or common sense.

Lidman

Reporting it to Uber would morally be the right to do. But most likely met with a "canned" response.