Drivers Stealing Food by Cancelling After Pickup

BjRhodes

This is something I've been seeing a lot lately - show up at a restaurant - they say someone else already picked it up.

Initially I thought it was some kind of programming glitch in the system. But after doing a bit of investigation by asking the Eats Support people some very well worded questions, I've discovered that more often than not, a driver will just pick up and order and then cancel immediately afterwards to score themselves a free meal.

Has anyone else been having this issue in their city?

amazinghl

We have a member here does nothing but steal food. Can't delivery because "nail in tire, car accident, love one in hospital, whatever excuses he came up with." He had three freezer full of food at one point. Uber finally kicked him out, now he steals from Door Dash by signing up with fake number to get the first user discount then skim on the driver tips.

Invisible

Many times when I picked up at BDubbs for GH, other drivers stole the food and never delivered it. So I would get the reorder and deliver it. One woman said the guy never called her, but stopped for a second and left. That’s why the staff started making up sign when we picked up orders. But I only had that happen a few times with UE.

Like Rickos, I had customers lie and say I never delivered when I did, which almost deactivated me. I have never stolen food, EVER.

Yet characters like Eatsboob, thread Rickos referenced, do so on a regular basis. It makes me sick when drivers do that and when customers lie to get free food.

BjRhodes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Many times when I picked up at BDubbs for GH, other drivers stole the food and never delivered it. So I would get the reorder and deliver it. One woman said the guy never called her, but stopped for a second and left. That’s why the staff started making up sign when we picked up orders. But I only had that happen a few times with UE.

Like Rickos, I had customers lie and say I never delivered when I did, which almost deactivated me. I have never stolen food, EVER.

Yet characters like Eatsboob, thread Rickos referenced, do so on a regular basis. It makes me sick when drivers do that and when customers lie to get free food.
Some people put so much effort into stealing, imagine what they could have created if they were honest!
Yeah, I agree. I've been alternating feedback on the app whenever I get that "How do you like driving for Uber" message, going between "No more McDonalds after the lobby closes for the night!" and "Make it so only UberEats Support can cancel the order after it's picked up!"

Seriously. Dildos like UberDrool make the world a worse place.

dgates01

When picking up at a Romano's Macroni Grill here in Bakersfield yesterday, they said someone had done just that. Between the 5 delivery apps they use and new staff at RMG, it's probably easy give the food to someone that just says yes when they call out the name. So they just double check the name on your phone, etc.

Nakamichiping

This is something I've been seeing a lot lately - show up at a restaurant - they say someone else already picked it up.

Initially I thought it was some kind of programming glitch in the system. But after doing a bit of investigation by asking the Eats Support people some very well worded questions, I've discovered that more often than not, a driver will just pick up and order and then cancel immediately afterwards to score themselves a free meal.

Stealing food?
No, There’s no choice on app to undo delivery to areas you want to avoid going. So I end up keeping the food. Unfortunately, some of these foods are not of my preference so they go in the trash bin.

Why I steal food:

1. Text, text, call, and call condos are innacesible to enter. So you cancel and keep the pesto pasta. Yes, I eat. 5-7 mins wait, 1-2 texts or calls. Enter cancel. No answer.

2. People see in the app where you are going. Once you land in input address. They text you to say: “can you bring it to my house?” I am not there anymore. You just drove 14 minutes, 8 miles. No further compensation from Uber or customer. So food is a cancel. If food is yummy, well is a good lunch or dinner.

These are at least the 2 most common reasons to “steal” a lunch or dinner. Needless to say waiting along time in drivethru, you deliver and they make you wait another 7 minutes. Guess what? You didn’t know I waited along time in drivethru? And you expect me to wait some more. Hopefully is a Big Mac and smoothy, because everything else goes in the trash.

Occasionally, I shared the loot with Rutgers students. “Hi guys, here’s your Halal! Do you guys want an extra, I also have a pizza and this thingy that I don’t know what it is. Do you want it, is all free. Enjoy!! Bon appetite!! Thank you for coming out! Yes, being UberEats Robinhood is preferable than throwing everything away. I don’t keep any food. I will not wait more than 5 minutes after you said you were coming down.

uberboy1212

Stealing food?
No, There’s no choice on app to undo delivery to areas you want to avoid going. So I end up keeping the food. Unfortunately, some of these foods are not of my preference so they go in the trash bin.

Why I steal food:

1. Text, text, call, and call condos are innacesible to enter. So you cancel and keep the pesto pasta. Yes, I eat. 5-7 mins wait, 1-2 texts or calls. Enter cancel. No answer.

2. People see in the app where you are going. Once you land in input address. They text you to say: “can you bring it to my house?” I am not there anymore. You just drove 14 minutes, 8 miles. No further compensation from Uber or customer. So food is a cancel. If food is yummy, well is a good lunch or dinner.

These are at least the 2 most common reasons to “steal” a lunch or dinner. Needless to say waiting along time in drivethru, you deliver and they make you wait another 7 minutes. Guess what? You didn’t know I waited along time in drivethru? And you expect me to wait some more. Hopefully is a Big Mac and smoothy, because everything else goes in the trash.

Occasionally, I shared the loot with Rutgers students. “Hi guys, here’s your Halal! Do you guys want an extra, I also have a pizza and this thingy that I don’t know what it is. Do you want it, is all free. Enjoy!! Bon appetite!! Thank you for coming out! Yes, being UberEats Robinhood is preferable than throwing everything away. I don’t keep any food. I will not wait more than 5 minutes after you said you were coming down.
The situations you’re referring to are not stealing, those just happen occasionally and are unavoidable. There are drivers that go out of their way to actually steal and make us all look bad. Like the flat tire excuse or calling the customer and not even letting it ring. There’s a @@@@@@ on here that brags about having a freezer full of food and it was actually mentioned in an article