• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drivers share your daily experience here

Ultracraft

So far.. Anyone collect the extra $4 from cash trip riders?
Yes, I did! He is from Bangladesh. Prolly too cumbersome for him to talk to Grab CSO to waive it. He told me it was not his fault actually. He said the driver didn’t wanna answer his call and appeared to deliberately wait until 5 mins was up to cancel the trip. Most if not all cheapos would called up Grab to waive it. However not sure if how many could successfully get Grab to waive it. Grab is not as easy as Uber in being lenient.

For all Grab Drivers, make sure you completed the end trip process for cash payment riders in order to ensure you know if there is any debt own to grab. Unlike Uber, Grab would inform the rider how much outstanding balance when they book a ride.

Slack

Lol... I wonder why i didnt recieve any "debt" collection after so long.
So they can call to waive it.

So in the end, grab still pay on their behalf.

Ultracraft

3 riders ran away from grab driver to evade the premium ride fare. WTF! This kinda could happened in a 1st world country!

Luckily Grab is willing to reimburse the poor driver.

Slack

I must say grab act very fast. I dont understand the 3 guys. Grab has all their details. Will grab report to police?

Btw, the guy viral video regarding the erp got a warning for his actions.

Ultracraft

Wow, Mod Ren, u know what?! There were a total of 22 members who viewed my above attachment. I guess there are many silent readers in here. :rollseyes: 😝

Slack

I do read here every now and then... Heh

Anyway someone leave car and forgot to pay me in cash.
Stop car, put hazard light, switch to grab app to confirm the fare, turn around...
The person already left thr car. Despite my shout, the person didnt hear.. Lol
I didnt chase down since less than $10. Report to grab and they reimburse me.
Post automatically merged:

Wow! So many youngsters with PHDVL these days. Wonder what happened??!! Very alarming indeed!
If i am younger, i do think phv offer me lots of flexibility to do other things.
It should encourge entrepreneurship since it is a valid side line.
Study, work, sideline biz....
By 30, got degree, got cash, got sideline biz.
Know which route to focus on after 30.

Last edited:

Ultracraft

I do read here every now and then... Heh

Anyway someone leave car and forgot to pay me in cash.
Stop car, put hazard light, switch to grab app to confirm the fare, turn around...
The person already left thr car. Despite my shout, the person didnt hear.. Lol
I didnt chase down since less than $10. Report to grab and they reimburse me.
Now 40 members have since read my attachment.

Grab knows our difficulties and hence getting more understanding towards drivers. This is Good sign.

U are not looking for another job, are u?

I only worry those who stay on forever as a driver. No future prospect and may have problem buying property.

Slack

U are not looking for another job, are u?
Resume are with some recruiters. So they usually will call me when there are suitable jobs.

My priorty changes since i started PHD.
Starting, just earn enough for living expenses.
Now, chiong and earn as much as i can and seek for alternative income.

If a job comes along, bonus.
If not, follow plan A. Chiong as much while pick up new skills to push income coming from PHD to 50%.

Bank or HDB may not loan u money to purchase apt as a PHD unless u have lot$ of cash in the bank. Not sure if grab will loan u money to buy house. Do remember that PHD doesn’t have CPF saving/contribution.
Thats true.
To PHD, cash is king. In a way, u wont overspend as you can only spend what you have.
Only way is you stop driving.
If you have a job, you might be in debt if you dont know how to manage credit card/loan expenses.

Ultracraft

Resume are with some recruiters. So they usually will call me when there are suitable jobs.

My priorty changes since i started PHD.
Starting, just earn enough for living expenses.
Now, chiong and earn as much as i can and seek for alternative income.

If a job comes along, bonus.
If not, follow plan A. Chiong as much while pick up new skills to push income coming from PHD to 50%.

Thats true.
To PHD, cash is king. In a way, u wont overspend as you can only spend what you have.
Only way is you stop driving.
If you have a job, you might be in debt if you dont know how to manage credit card/loan expenses.
Seems like u are not proactively looking for a regular job, are you?

These days you drive how many hours per day?

Grab has lots of B2B booking especially during peak hours. Not sure if GJ has B2B booking for its drivers. Some said GJ practises preferential treatment with its drivers. :oopsies:*confusion*

renyeo

Wow, Mod Ren, u know what?! There were a total of 22 members who viewed my above attachment. I guess there are many silent readers in here. :rollseyes: 😝
I thought this forum is dying a slow death. It’s been so quiet of late.

People are not posting as much and the new members are lurking.

:cautious::cautious::cautious:

Slack

So far.. Anyone collect the extra $4 from cash trip riders?
Finally collected $4 from a pax. You need to go to confirm payment page before you know about the $4 collection.
Can miss it if you are too fast.

Seems like u are not proactively looking for a regular job, are you?

These days you drive how many hours per day?

Grab has lots of B2B booking especially during peak hours. Not sure if GJ has B2B booking for its drivers. Some said GJ practises preferential treatment with its drivers. :oopsies:*confusion*
About 10 hrs or more.
Grab havent issue peak hr booster for 2 days...

Last edited:

Slack

Why do passenger still insist us to cancel when they have free cancellation within 5mins??

Aiyoo all these pax with child... They think that we accept the ride (via auto accept) with a note saying they have child.
We must fulfill it?

I wonder who pay the $4 when we press passenger with child option. Grab? Or pax?