Drivers Ringing PAX For destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beepbeep41

My son is a 19yr old who uses Uber 4 or 5 times a week to get to the train station and other short trips. He recently pointed out to me how many drivers ring and ask for his destination, every 2nd driver is doing it! He actually went as far as to request an Uber in front of me then sure enough the driver rung asking where he was going then canceled on him after hanging up... Me and my son then went on to try and report him in the app but could not find the option to do so??

Some mornings all I do is bounce from one short trip to another and after finding out how often drivers are ringing I now feel like I’m getting left with the scraps because of my honesty.

UBER must start policing people who are doing this to make it fair on other drives. Perhaps drivers who are seen to frequently make calls after a ride request should be temporarily deactivated??

Kodyhead

There was a problem here locally at the airports of drivers cherrypicking, I am guess it is the same there as if you ignore 1 request the app kicks you offline and sends you to the back of the queue. I use uber maybe once every other week to a month, and never had it done to me personally,

You don't have to select the exact problem, its uber support we are talking about its not like they are going to read the subject or your message the first 4 times anyway, so just choose the selection I HAVE A DIFFERENT ISSUE and complain.

Who is John Galt?

Driving him on those trips could be a nice regular little cash gig for you.
If he’s nineteen and still living at home, he’s already cost you big time - here’s your chance to claw some back!

Out of the pocket money you pay him! :biggrin:

Driving him on those trips could be a nice regular little cash gig for you.
If he’s nineteen and still living at home, he’s already cost you big time (trust me on this - times 4) - here’s your chance to claw some back!

:biggrin: 4 times the trust? C'mon Buddy what about going for 5 times the trust?
It is never too late. :biggrin:
Just think of the additional joy which could be brought into your life. :smiles: [there's an entrée if ever there was one :smiles:]

Lowestformofwit

:biggrin: 4 times the trust? C'mon Buddy what about going for 5 times the trust?
It is never too late. :biggrin:
Just think of the additional joy which could be brought into your life. :smiles: [there's an entrée if ever there was one :smiles:]
Way too late - I got “cut out of the game” way back.
Ironically, met an ex-gf as I exited the Dr’s.
Copped some flack from her on that - she knew why I was there.

Who is John Galt?

Way too late - I got “cut out of the game” way back.
Ironically, met an ex-gf as I exited the Dr’s.
Copped some flack from her on that - she knew why I was there.

Who did you cop the flack from? Your wife, ex-gf or the doctor? Or all three? :eek: :eek:
Are sure four is the real total? :smiles:

And what about Joy? I thought she might fit into the picture somehow. Or is that the ex-gf?
I'm starting to conceive the beginnings of a reality TV show here. :smiles:

Lowestformofwit

Who did you cop the flack from? Your wife, ex-gf or the doctor? Or all three? :eek: :eek:
Are sure four is the real total? :smiles:

And what about Joy? I thought she might fit into the picture somehow. Or is that the ex-gf?.
Reactions, in order of your asking:
  1. Sigh of relief (jubilation?) from wife;
  2. Scornful flack from former gf;
  3. Account from Dr.
Joy was the name of another ex-gf, BTW. Thanks for asking after her.

Hugh G

Yep let them ban the driver for calling
Uber then has to payout unfair dismissal

Uber.
Unfair Dismissal.
Many have tried, little record of any success.

You're obviously very new to this whole Uber thingy.

Uber can, and frequently does, ban drivers from driving from 1 passenger complaint.
Check out : https://uberpeople.net/threads/guess-the-incident.199877

You want to go down the legal track then you need to buy a ticket to Holland.

You don't "dismiss" independent contractors, unfairly or otherwise.

Last edited:

Franco Cozzo

Uber.
Unfair Dismissal.
Many have tried, little record of any success.

You're obviously very new to this whole Uber thingy.

Uber can, and frequently does, ban drivers from driving from 1 passenger complaint.
You want to go down the legal track then you need to buy a ticket to Holland.

You don't "dismiss" independent contractors, unfairly or otherwise.

Clearly you are not aware of the payouts already awarded

Lowestformofwit

Clearly you are not aware of the payouts already awarded
Sounds more like an unjustifiable, unilateral repudiation of contract and losses arising therefrom, rather than ‘unfair dismissal’, but please elaborate further; I’ve deleted my earlier sceptical question.

ST DYMPHNA son

be careful ringing pax about anything,had a pax standing at the bus stop,asked her to move to a legit pick up spot,only dashboard camera audio save me from her lies.
anyway,we are independent contractors,we should have control about how we do it for our "quid"

Last edited:

Franco Cozzo

be careful ringing pax about anything,had a pax standing at the bus stop,asked her to move to a legit pick up spot,only dashboard camera audio save me from her lies.
anyway,we are independent contractors,we should have control about how we do it for our "quid"

Yeh same happened to me

No calls
No sms

Hugh G

I hear the the lowlifes are quick to settle unfair dismissal cases brought against them.
That's where the real money is apparently.

I didn't hear that, guess I'll need to clean my ears out

please show some proof

Hearsay doesn't cut it here on the forum.

Those who show verifiable links and/or screenshots are believed more than those who heard it from their hairdresser's brother.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.