Drivers not matching car or profile pic

BuberDriver

So my friend has been taking a bunch of U/L lately and said on at least 4 separate occasions the drivers car or the driver himself didn't match what was presented on the profile. The person usually gives some BS excuse like "oh this is a rental they just switched it" or "my cars in the shop"...but how the hell does U/L let this happen? Has to be an extreme liability issue.

A pax tried telling me the drivers are hacking nearby drivers accounts and stealing their rides. Not sure how this would work, but paxholes are always right, right?!? Free water anyone?

JimKE

Hopefully your friend didn't get IN any of those cars, because neither they nor Uber/Lyft has any idea who that driver is.

Basmati

Not sure if it is related or not, but on Saturday I was picking up a pool pax and when I get to their location he sends me a text saying he is already in the Uber car. Obviously he wasn't in my car, so not much I could do except cancel. About 10 minutes later I got a message from Uber support accusing me of letting somebody else use my account to give rides. They warned that if I get another complain that my account could be deactivated.

FLKeys

The cars/drivers not matching could have something to do with the cell phone gangs at the airport playing the phone swap game to maximize rides for their group.
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if it is related or not, but on Saturday I was picking up a pool pax and when I get to their location he sends me a text saying he is already in the Uber car. Obviously he wasn't in my car, so not much I could do except cancel. About 10 minutes later I got a message from Uber support accusing me of letting somebody else use my account to give rides. They warned that if I get another complain that my account could be deactivated.

I hope you contacted them back, sounds like a scam to me.

JimKE

I hope you contacted them back, sounds like a scam to me.
Yes, you definitely should re-contact Uber.

Those contacts with the pax came to you through Uber's own system -- they have a record of the pax telling you he was already in another car. There is no question about you using your account improperly -- someone kidnapped the rider you were trying to pick up!

They also have a GPS record of you driving to the designated pickup point. And if the other driver was doing an on-app ride, they have a complete record of that as well.

Basmati

I tried replying to the message Uber sent, but it was undeliverable. They closed the ticket immediately after sending me the message.

HiDuuken

Just another reason why I'm glad I'm not driving for Uber anymore! I would have been livid it that was me! Especially since they periodically make u take a selfie to make sure you're the driver!

Working4peanuts

Just another reason why I'm glad I'm not driving for Uber anymore! I would have been livid it that was me! Especially since they periodically make u take a selfie to make sure you're the driver!
Next time Uber asks you to take a selfie, get out of the car and ask some random person if you can take their picture. As long as you get their entire face and there's enough light, they'll be approved.