Drivers need to bargain for better wages.

REX HAVOC

It seems as though the settlement didn't go far enough to improve the lives of drivers as a whole. Sure, there were some minor concessions made but all in all it seems very little has changed. Why are we not organizing as a collective group to initiate a sit out or strike to force Uber to come to the table and renegotiate how much they charge and compensate the drivers as a whole.

Driving and Driven

From what I understand, we are contractors and, therefore, cannot unionize, rather, we can have guilds. The contractor version of a union would be a guild. Are there any local rideshare guilds anywhere that we know of?

REX HAVOC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know there was a guy at the drivers lot at the airport right after the ruling with a sign asking drivers to sign up but I just saw him for a few days and he was gone. I'll have to ask around to find out if they still meet. Each major city should have someone representing the drivers so we can work as a collective.

Euius

It seems as though the settlement didn't go far enough to improve the lives of drivers as a whole. Sure, there were some minor concessions made but all in all it seems very little has changed. Why are we not organizing as a collective group to initiate a sit out or strike to force Uber to come to the table and renegotiate how much they charge and compensate the drivers as a whole.
The settlement isn't even in effect yet. It hasn't been approved by the judge. Any chances you've seen have been voluntary implementations on the part of Uber.

The primary reason you don't initiate a strike or sit out is that I will use that time to collect high surge rates.

There is a huge difference in goals between people doing this as a temporary thing and those planning on forever.

Papa Sarducci

We have one way, and only one, to protest, just let it ping. Refuse any ride not in a surge 1.5 or better. They can't do anything but send you stupid nastygram texts if you stop accepting low fare pings. Same goes for rides more than 10 min away, especially when not surge, 10+ min away better be 2.0 or better otherwise let the noobs have it. Sure, there will be plenty of green drivers that will jump on anything, good for them, they will figure it out eventually. Cherry picking has become the only way to make decent money at this game, it is unfortunate, but Uber created this mess, not us.

Euius

Same goes for rides more than 10 min away,
Comments like that just highlight that you don't drive in SF, the board you're posting in.

I don't get pickup distances that far to refuse, and if I did then 2.0x wouldn't be enough

Uber will fail in China
Neither fail or succeed is certain, but what is is that if they keep throwing so many billions at China and they don't succeed the company will falter, get bought, and pieced out

Papa Sarducci

Comments like that just highlight that you don't drive in SF, the board you're posting in.

I don't get pickup distances that far to refuse, and if I did then 2.0x wouldn't be enough

Neither fail or succeed is certain, but what is is that if they keep throwing so many billions at China and they don't succeed the company will falter, get bought, and pieced out
Sorry, I missed the rule that said we had to drive in a particular area to post in that forum, my bad.

nicolephlsfo

I spent four effing hours sitting on the bay bridge today for a grand total of $43. Because I never check the addresses before hand. Because I feel guilty. But Uber says otherwise... I know it doesn't matter but I'm beyond livid. Done with this bs

Attachments

RedoBeach

I spent four effing hours sitting on the bay bridge today for a grand total of $43. Because I never check the addresses before hand. Because I feel guilty. But Uber says otherwise... I know it doesn't matter but I'm beyond livid. Done with this bs
Take your power back! :confused:

Uberdancer

We have one way, and only one, to protest, just let it ping. Refuse any ride not in a surge 1.5 or better...
Yeah ... Just let it ping ... Ping ... Ping ... Ping ... We have the power ... We ARE the power ... We can shut it down ... We can shut down the NBA Finals ... We can shut down the World Series ... We can shut down the Super Bowl ... We can shut down the presidential elections ... We have the power .... We ARE the power ...

We are the surge-only tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber Drivin' du-hu-hu-hu-hu-huuuuuudezzzz!!!!!

RedoBeach

We're shutting things down now? Nahhhh... No one stands behind people that shut things down like freeways and bridges. There are smarter ways..
Yeah ... Just let it ping ... Ping ... Ping ... Ping ... We have the power ... We ARE the power ... We can shut it down ... We can shut down the NBA Finals ... We can shut down the World Series ... We can shut down the Super Bowl ... We can shut down the presidential elections ... We have the power .... We ARE the power ...

We are the surge-only tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber Drivin' du-hu-hu-hu-hu-huuuuuudezzzz!!!!!

Uberdancer

But ... But ... But ... WE are the surge-only tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber Drivin' du-hu-hu-hu-hu-huuuuuudezzzz!!!!!

We only wear Silver and Black !!!!

Papa Sarducci

Uber has FAILED in China, sold out to DiDi today.

luvgurl22

I drive in S.F only and I get them ALL the time

Euius

Uber has FAILED in China, sold out to DiDi today.
Which means nothing more than that they got value of what they have instead of running it into the ground.

That's proper business. Note that Lyft is getting stabbed in the back, as their partnership with Didi is all but dead.

It has no real impact on my statement: "Neither fail or succeed is certain, but what is is that if they keep throwing so many billions at China and they don't succeed the company will falter, get bought, and pieced out"

They're not continuing to throw money at China, their investors and business personnel made the same analysis I did.