• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drivers Must Support Prior Driver's Actions

DriveNM

Drivers should always take other driver's side when the pax complains, etc. Drivers must support positions taken by prior drivers on pax complaints and issues. Drivers suffer if the pax is given short term sympathy if it is at the prior driver's expense. There is no good that comes from siding with the pax, that will only make our lives more difficult in the long run.

CTK

Drivers should always take other driver's side when the pax complains, etc. Drivers must support positions taken by prior drivers on pax complaints and issues. Drivers suffer if the pax is given short term sympathy if it is at the prior driver's expense. There is no good that comes from siding with the pax, that will only make our lives more difficult in the long run.
Um, right. There are some truly awful drivers out there doing some truly awful things to riders. Besides that, other drivers are my competition not my coworkers, I owe them no loyalty. Finally, I don't think it matters at all.

ZenUber

It depends on what the issue is. If they say the driver was putting them in danger, I told him to report it.

On the other hand, if they just wanna complain to me about a past driver I take offense to that. For the simple reason that they view us as all working for the same company so they’re trying to hold me responsible. If their complaint was that the driver drove off and canceled, then I start asking them questions. Did you get to the car before the time ran out? Did you look on the map to see where the car was?

Most of the time The passenger is in error. And I really have to hold Uber partly accountable for that as well. If we could leave feedback with comments that the passenger could see, we could all educate each other. But Uber seems intent on leaving everyone in the dark.

CTK

It depends on what the issue is. If they say the driver was putting them in danger, I told him to report it.

On the other hand, if they just wanna complain to me about a past driver I take offense to that. For the simple reason that they view us as all working for the same company so they’re trying to hold me responsible. If their complaint was that the driver drove off and canceled, then I start asking them questions. Did you get to the car before the time ran out? Did you look on the map to see where the car was?

Most of the time The passenger is in error. And I really have to hold Uber partly accountable for that as well. If we could leave feedback with comments that the passenger could see, we could all educate each other. But Uber seems intent on leaving everyone in the dark.
I think overall it's a total non-issue. Whether or not we support fellow drivers doesn't affect anything, at all, ever.

doyousensehumor

It's not so simple as driver are your allies.

If a pax is complaining about previous driver, I play actor, and fake that I am sympathetic to them. In reality, I am in high aleart, as there is probably a good reason why pax was a problem for the previous driver.

This reminds me of the "good old days" driving taxis... At the base, the drivers are somewhat friendly to each other... but once you hit the streets, they become your competition.. At the end of the shift, when everybody is turning in their cars, they're back to friends, and it was like a competition to beat each other!

A bad day isn't necessarily when there's not enough passengers. It's often when there is too many drivers.

Galveston

I thank other drivers who low rate passengers for the rest of us to have a head’s up

tohunt4me

Some drivers are crap.

Cdub2k

I don’t blindly support nobody. GTFOH

SuzeCB

It's not so simple as driver are your allies.

If a pax is complaining about previous driver, I play actor, and fake that I am sympathetic to them. In reality, I am in high aleart, as there is probably a good reason why pax was a problem for the previous driver.

This reminds me of the "good old days" driving taxis... At the base, the drivers are somewhat friendly to each other... but once you hit the streets, they become your competition.. At the end of the shift, when everybody is turning in their cars, they're back to friends, and it was like a competition to beat each other!

A bad day isn't necessarily when there's not enough passengers. It's often when there is too many drivers.
Or a dispatcher that's living with one of the drivers... that'll shake things up on the road, too.
Post automatically merged:

Or a dispatcher that's living with one of the drivers... that'll shake things up on the road, too.
Saw that one play out...

Other drivers complained because dispatcher had skin in the game. The more money HE made, the more money in HER household. Owners didn't listen. They didn't care who did the ride, so long as they got their 45%.

Eventually, the three other drivers on his shift stalked him for the full 12 hours. They'd take turns based on who had a ride and where each of them was, finding him (overhearing dispatch--dumb B didn't know how to do 2-way right, and broadcast everything) and pelting him with eggs, fruit, veggies, whatever they could find.

His pax were calling the office, complaining about his cab all night.

Last edited:

mbd

No reason to support any bad drivers
Had a Hispanic lady, two drivers did not move for 5 minutes, she had to cancel ( no cancellation fee applied )...she had to be at work at 11... came at 11.15, salon owners ( Asian ) not very happy about her tardiness.
No reason to support any bad apples , does not matter if it is your brother, sister, mom, dad ,friend or your fellow drivers .
You don’t want to pick up a pax , then decline or cancel , if pax is bad once inside your vehicle , then cancel the ride ...
Pax is bad , then pax is bad
Driver is bad , then driver is bad 😄

mikes424

I disagree. If a driver does something unacceptable they should be reported. Not by the driver but by the pax.

Last summer a pax complained about his previous ride. Two issues. One, it was 90° outside and even though requested the driver would not turn on the AC. Second, halfway through the ride driver pulls over, takes out his prayer rug and goes through the prayer ritual. Told the pax to complain directly to Uber.

Concluding. If a pax has a bad experience with Uber they will stop using Uber and use another ride service. That could affect drivers in the long run.

CTK

Your parents must be so proud.
What exactly is the point to that comment? Is it sarcasm? Are you saying my parents should be ashamed that I'm not a cheerleader for Team Uber driver, made up of mostly losers and idiots (in my experience) who do moronic and loser things to riders? And, what possible difference could it make whether I support them or not? Am I going to get better trips? Make more money? No, no I'm not.

If a rider brings up their last driver's stupidity, I for one am certainly not going to compound the stupidity of Uber drivers by attempting to defend it in the name of "loyalty". I'm just gonna be honest, and yes that would make my parents proud.

Wolfgang Faust

I disagree. If a driver does something unacceptable they should be reported. Not by the driver but by the pax.

Last summer a pax complained about his previous ride. Two issues. One, it was 90° outside and even though requested the driver would not turn on the AC. Second, halfway through the ride driver pulls over, takes out his prayer rug and goes through the prayer ritual. Told the pax to complain directly to Uber.

Concluding. If a pax has a bad experience with Uber they will stop using Uber and use another ride service. That could affect drivers in the long run.
I would have hopped behind the wheel, taken off....leaving Mohammad bent over on the side of the road, then turn the AC on.

Tom Oldman

Author
I do appreciate your solidarity supporting your fellow driver.

But It's not that simple to just defend a fellow drivers in any situation. As someone here said; "..There are some truly awful drivers out there....." And those bad seeds make us all look bad. Having said that, it's also true that we hear only one side of the story, from pax or driver. A fair assessment needs both sides of the story.

But what I don't do, is to talk trash about my fellow drivers to make myself look good. That's not cool and I know some.drivers do that.