Drivers last names given to Pax?

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
There's a lot of talk about this on some of the other boards.

"Uber has been revealing drivers full last names to riders since September"

"Uber driver last names revealed to passengers!?"

FACB4021-0298-4B7D-AC17-23070CD18D70.jpeg

Has anyone here ever taken an Uber and received the driver's full name or at least their last name? I'm wondering if this is a regional thing or will this hit nationwide.

Samman

There's a lot of talk about this on some of the other boards.

"Uber has been revealing drivers full last names to riders since September"

"Uber driver last names revealed to passengers!?"

View attachment 372658

Has anyone here ever taken an Uber and received the driver's full name or at least their last name? I'm wondering if this is a regional thing or will this hit nationwide.
Who cares?!?!!!

Dammit Mazzacane

One way to decipher this is whether anyone with an Uber receipt handy can see the driver's last name and whether they have done this multi-step screening. The big chilling factor is if the drivers without the Multi-Step Screening are having their last names shown.
Does anyone take rides on Uber?

K-pax

This better not be true. I have already been tracked down on facebook by pax, even without my last name.
A bug in the FB algoritm sometimes finds connections that way (I have had FB suggest... do you know this person, to pax I have driven). I think It's because two people might have FB open on their phones in an enclosed space together for a while (a hunch). Do you sometimes have FB open on your phone in between trips and on in the BG when you drive? This gig really does a wonder on the corporate big brother industrial complex. The things ads suggest me make me laugh. In one way, I'm the most anonymous person on earth. They think I'm going on business trips and vacations all day, and when I drive at night going from bar to bar, they think I really need a DUI lawyer.