1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drivers' Last Chance To Opt-out of Binding Arbitration

Discussion in 'Advice' started by chi1cabby, Jan 12, 2015.

1. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Thanx to @NightRider@NightRider in thread
    https://uberpeople.net/threads/poll-i-will-will-not-pitch-in-towards-ending-uberxploitation-to-the-best-of-my-ability.10943/page-3
    we now know that this might be Drivers last chance to Opt-out of Binding Arbitration Clause of Partnership Agreement

Screenshot_2015-01-12-05-56-25.png

Edit:
    This is the New Modifications Clause from Nov 2014 Partnership Agreement
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlp3o4oylh0zt4n/Partner Agreement November 10 2014.pdf

Screenshot_2015-06-10-12-17-46.png

Uber's April 2015 Partnership Agreement (For Commercial UberBLACK & UberSUV Drivers Only), also has the Modifications Clause:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvltofyemx3d90c/Transportation Company Agreement April 7 2015-1.pdf?dl=0

This clause was Not Present in the
    June 2014 Agreement
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4cdx1omgjvsujp/Rasier Software Sublicense Agreement June 21 2014.pdf

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Huberis, observer and Gemgirlla like this.
  2. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    By Not Opting Out of the Binding Arbitration, Drivers give up the right to seek redress in a Civil Court, Small Claims Court, or join together in Class Action Lawsuits to hold Uber accountable. (Most Attorneys will not take on any individual driver's case against Uber on Contingency, unless they can seek Class Action Lawsuit Status for the case).

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    observer and Gemgirlla like this.
  3. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    All New Drivers should opt-out of the Binding Arbitration clause of the Partnership Agreement. There is a 30 days time limit from the time you sign the partnership agreement.

As I understand it, All Old Drivers (even those outside the 48 markets with the new rate cuts), had to agree to the new rate schedule by clicking "I Agree" before they could go online on the Driver App. This automatically resets the 30 days opt-out window.

The opt-out form is available at www.uberlawsuit.com
    Or email Uber's General Counsel at optout@uber.com

4. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Please help keep this thread Alive by posting "I'm Opting Out" if you intend to do so.
    Thank you!

5. jpuma1616

jpuma1616

miss this, any other way to opt-out?

6. I'm Opting out.

Driveronedge and chi1cabby like this.
  7. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    All the Drivers'
    moaning & groaning,
    wailing & complaining,
    doesn't amount to anything,
    as far as Uber is concerned,
    IF THEY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT
    TO HOLD UBER ACCOUNTABLE
    IN A COURT OF LAW!

Driveronedge likes this.
  8. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Most Uber Drivers see my Yellow Checker Cab Avatar, & my @chi1cabby@chi1cabby username, and automatically think that I'm the Enemy, and are automatically suspicious of anything I post.
    So Please @Goober@Goober post this thread on UberDrivers Sub Reddit.
    Thank you!

Uber-Doober and Goober like this.
  9. Done.

chi1cabby likes this.
  10. jpuma1616

jpuma1616

what i mean is miss the 3o days deadline, I started driving for uber nov 17 2014.

11. Since you just re-signed it, you have another 30 days to opt-out

chi1cabby likes this.
  12. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    As I understand it, when Uber rolled out New Rate Cuts on Jan 9th, it made all Uber Drivers, even those outside the 48 markets that saw the rate cuts, click on "I Agree" to the new terms on the Partnership Agreement. This Automatically reset the 30 Day Window to Opt-out.
    And by inserting this New Language
    Uber is Attempting to Close the New 30 Days Opt-out Window Loophole.

13. jpuma1616

jpuma1616

sorry but i don't understand, when did i re-signed it? i don't remember, how do i opt-out now?

14. simply send an e-mail to optout@uber.com, include your partner e-mail and telephone number.

chi1cabby and Bart McCoy like this.
  15. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    On or after Jan 9th, If you clicked "I Agree" to the changes in the Partnership Agreement on your Driver App in order to be allowed to login, you re-signed the Partnership Agreement.

20140925_182100.jpg

20140925_181920.jpg

16. jpuma1616

jpuma1616

thank you

chi1cabby likes this.
  17. jpuma1616

jpuma1616

thank you

chi1cabby likes this.
  18. UberHammer

UberHammer

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I opted out before my 30th day as an Uber driver.

Does anyone know if I need to opt out again because of the new agreement?

chi1cabby likes this.
  19. UberHustla

UberHustla

@chi1cabby@chi1cabby should we email that lawyer to make sure this info is correct, that we can indeed opt out if we agreed to the new rates?

SCdave likes this.
  20. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Please contact paralegals Elizabeth Lopez or Phil Acevedo, or associate attorneys Ben Weber and Adelaide Pagano. They can be reached at (617) 994-5800.

And please post any info you learn on this thread. I've already texted Elisabeth Lopez about the changes in Partnership Agreement that preclude the Drivers' Right to Opt-out upon additional changes to the Agreement in the future.

UberHustla likes this.