1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Drivers Have The Power!

Discussion in 'Advocacy' started by JayBeKay, Apr 9, 2017.

1. JayBeKay

JayBeKay New Member

All of these complaints about the rideshare gig and I have to ask myself why don't drivers realize that we hold the cards until self-driving cars puts us out of business.

Think about it, no driver, no service. Period. If we drivers ever came together and actively promoted/drove with the service who paid us more, we would change the pay system. You don't need a Union for that but a persistent, concentrated advocacy effort would do the trick.

We could make these two companies compete for OUR business by just merely driving for the company who pays us more. The company on the receiving end of this would be forced to raise their pay as they would have the demand but not the supply of drivers.

You can complain all you want but the only thing that will affect our bottom line is affecting Uber's/Lyft's bottom line.

Step 1:

Create a unified advocacy group. This would be the hardest part and would probably never happen. It's too much like herding cats with drivers as most of us are too busy eating our own. Seriously, enough with the Ants stuff. If you don't like competition, get a Government job.

Step 2:

Put the rideshare companies on notice. You are not paying us enough and we drivers will dictate the success of YOUR company by driving for the service who pays us more. To prove the point, if we could take one week and not driver for EITHER service, that would cripple the industry.You'd have pax requests and no one to fulfill those requests.

In reality, probably tied or a close second to impossible because most drivers would not bre able to see the forest through the trees and have the discipline to work for the greater good by not driving. But I'm sure there are ways we could greatly reduce supply if we tried.

Step 3:

Drive for the service who pays more. Make THEM (the rideshare services) compete for our business. Paxs are not stupid, most have both apps on their phone and will simply ride with the company who has a supply of drivers.

To summarize: No drivers = no revenue for Uber/Lyft. There is no way around that until self-driving cars are here to stay.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    MoreTips, charmer37 and UberSneaky like this.
  2. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    The Canadian rock group Triumph says "I got the magic power".

tohunt4me and phillipzx3 like this.
  3. phillipzx3

phillipzx3 Well-Known Member

As drivers stop driving, those who didn't will make more money because they'll be getting a bigger slice of the pie. Most "rideshare" drivers need the income bad enough that trying to organize them is futile. Portland has 10,000 + Uber/Lyft drivers (in a town that only allows ~1500 legal taxis. All we hear about is how they can't make money anymore . Why? Because they (and the partners thought they were sticking it to the cab drivers) insisted there be no cap placed on the number of drivers who could operate. So now we have Oregon, Washington,California, Arizona..you name a state, they're here driving for their pot of gold.

MoreTips and Certain Judgment like this.
  4. ColdRider

ColdRider Well-Known Member

Pot of gold?

More like scraps lmao

:)

5. Wedgey

Wedgey Well-Known Member

The return of the coldrider. Giddy up!!!

tohunt4me and ColdRider like this.

6. Certain Judgment

Certain Judgment Well-Known Member

Self driving cars will never be viable in Milwaukee. As soon as the snow falls and covers the street lane lines, the roads become one giant two lane cluster****. Good luck to Otto and Waymo trying to deal with that!

MoreTips and tohunt4me like this.
  7. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Sorry to burst your bubble but...

American drivers will ruin driverless cars...

That and all those people who let their dogs $(*% in your yard, leave shopping carts all over the place, stick gum on the undersides of tables...

These are the people who will ruin self driving taxis..

Those cars will be so disgusting... they will make regular cabs look clean.

8. RideshareSpectrum

RideshareSpectrum Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Regarding drivers mobbing up.... all it would take is one city for one day to send the proper message that the ecosystem is dependant on US. If we dont drive then no one makes any money.
    There will be a few scabs that will drive but lets be real the max number rides any driver can complete in a major market is around 4 or 5 during business hours. Big deal. Let em have that.. reality is drivers who wont be driving have the numbers and the real power to clog streets if they happened to see someone driving TNC on that day. Hypothetically speaking of course.

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. Jagent

Jagent Moderator Moderator

This already happens - it's called surge. Everyone goes offline or switches to Lyft - BOOM Uber surges. Next thing you know, the area is swarmed with drivers.

tohunt4me likes this.
  10. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Why havent drivers created their own app. ?

MoreTips likes this.
  11. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    They did in Austin, now that uber is back it's going to get snuffed out. Because it's not uber.

12. Peanutz

Peanutz Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    This is exactly like my campaign to eliminate the letter 'k'. Seriously you have the letter 'c'/ whats the point. I had great momentum as well, but just didnt get critical mass.

Good luck...organization is power!

13. Peanutz

Peanutz Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    You will be in for a real surprise if you support this strike!

The state law
    (b) The following automobile insurance requirements apply 153 while a participating TNC driver is on strike on to the digital 154 network but is not engaged in a prearranged ride: 155 1. Automobile insurance that provides: 156 a. A primary automobile liability coverage of at least 157 $50,000 for death and bodily injury per person, $100,000 for 158 death and bodily injury per incident, and $25,000 for property 159 damage;

So this is in compliance already...

More law stuff
    2. The exclusions described in subparagraph 1. apply 255 notwithstanding any requirement under chapter 324. This section 256 does not require that a personal automobile insurance policy 257 provide coverage while the TNC driver is ON STRIKE on to a digital 258 network, while the TNC driver is striking and NOT engaged in a prearranged ride, 259 or while the TNC driver otherwise uses a vehicle to transport 260 riders for compensation.

What you don't have is... Collision WHILE ON STRIKE coverage.. AT ALL!

Once July 1st hits you MAY (possibly) NOT! be able to make a claim for damage to your own car during period 1... AT ALL! unless your insurance States that it provides you STRIKING collision coverage during NON ride share activities when you arn't on a trip...

EVEN if your private policy includes being lazy or just driving around STRIKE collision coverage.

Additionally, if your policy DOES NOT include STRIKE collision coverage uber may not have to EVER provide you collison coverage EVER!

So UNLESS IT CHANGES, DO NOT GO ON STRIKE!

14. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    I'm not a rideshare driver...

I had myself deactivated and i uninstalled the app.

Very funny thou, changing logged on with on strike. Good job digging up stuff i wrote.

15. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You have services where customers are left alone with the car like ZipCar and Car2Go they seem to be well maintained and clean even though nobody is present in the car with the user.

16. SatMan

SatMan Active Member

more like fools gold

17. Jacob THE DRIVER

Jacob THE DRIVER Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There will no unionization or strike drivers are way to greedy for one driver willing to strike or unionize there are ten that will say one less driver equals more money in my pocket.