• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drivers get blamed no matter what

Cvi

When it comes to order fulfillment, uber's association with the restaurants tends towards privacy. Many like to seal the bags up. Additionally, everything is either in a box or is wrapped up. Makes sense. But how is the driver supposed to "verify" if everything is right? Especially, when some order items require more than one box. On the app it, it doesn't always show the drinks. On McDonald's orders, I've noticed recently, it's not showing if the item is a meal or not (it used to), which would come with a drink. On 2 MCD orders recently, I've had to go back to the restaurant, on my own dime, to recover missing drinks for the customer because of this. Other restaurant orders have drinks added to the order, which also do not show on the driver app.

The result of this is that the driver winds up getting thumbed down by the customer and reprimanded by uber. We stick our neck out there doing everything we can possibly do, but get blamed for anything that happens that is uber's fault or the restaurants fault.

Alltel77

I would never drive back to get a missing item , they can call Uber have another driver dispatched or get credit , the majority will thumbs you down either way and probably not tip. I just ask the restaurant everytime I pick up any drinks? , they say no I go not my problem if there was or I'll look on receipt of stapled to stapled shut bag I'm supposed to "verify". I'm not based out a specific restaurant so this isn't the same as a pizza delivery guy forgetting your two liter of soda and I can't imagine going back to a McDonald's or any place for that matter trying to explain something was missing time is money

UberSnoober

Uber has gotten rid of meal designation @ McDonalds.
Almost all of my McD orders come in sealed bags with the drinks in them already.The only time I returned for drinks was a large Dennys order @ 2 AM and they wanted their coffee which the server forgot to give me and it was less than a mile away.
Got a $3 cash tip.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

The whole system is crap,

Sealing bags is a good way to discourage tampering of meals by the driver (best i can come up with) but they can't be holding the driver responsible for restaurant screw ups when the bags are sealed.

So either let us confirm the order,
or seal the bag and put all responsibility on the restaurant,

don't seal the bag and hold the driver responsible for the restaurants screw ups.

Alltel77

The whole system is crap,

Sealing bags is a good way to discourage tampering of meals by the driver (best i can come up with) but they can't be holding the driver responsible for restaurant screw ups when the bags are sealed.

So either let us confirm the order,
or seal the bag and put all responsibility on the restaurant,

don't seal the bag and hold the driver responsible for the restaurants screw ups.
And show the entire actual order as if I were ordering off the actual menu

Joesmith2012

Do they hold UPS drivers accountable if things are missing in a sealed package, they blame put on us makes no sense. I wish UE would understand their attitude towards drivers is what drives down their business model and hurts them more and more. Every action has a reaction, they push and pressure is then we must react. And the result is I refused to even go near a McDonald's anymore, I used to do a lot of them and I too kept getting missing item complaints, I stopped doing McDonald's and baaaaammm like magic no more missing item complaints no more any complaints, and I get more tips it's win win win for me. BTW most drivers in my area feel the same. We would only do a McDonald's if we need it to complete a quest

peteyvavs

When it comes to order fulfillment, uber's association with the restaurants tends towards privacy. Many like to seal the bags up. Additionally, everything is either in a box or is wrapped up. Makes sense. But how is the driver supposed to "verify" if everything is right? Especially, when some order items require more than one box. On the app it, it doesn't always show the drinks. On McDonald's orders, I've noticed recently, it's not showing if the item is a meal or not (it used to), which would come with a drink. On 2 MCD orders recently, I've had to go back to the restaurant, on my own dime, to recover missing drinks for the customer because of this. Other restaurant orders have drinks added to the order, which also do not show on the driver app.

The result of this is that the driver winds up getting thumbed down by the customer and reprimanded by uber. We stick our neck out there doing everything we can possibly do, but get blamed for anything that happens that is uber's fault or the restaurants fault.
Moral to story, don’t do Uber eats.

Joesmith2012

I wish you people see the whole picture about McDonald's, they are understaffed, the 15 year old kids don't care if they got the UE order right, the customers are lower class and dumb as rocks(thats scientifically proven BTW fast food makes people stupid) so they will complain more and tip less and live in huge apartment areas and can't afford to tip. It's just all bad Juju associated with McDonald's. Yes go ahead cite the exception oh my McDonald's customers all tip me 20s. But deep down everything I said is correct

jjminor82

I would never drive back to get a missing item , they can call Uber have another driver dispatched or get credit , the majority will thumbs you down either way and probably not tip. I just ask the restaurant everytime I pick up any drinks? , they say no I go not my problem if there was or I'll look on receipt of stapled to stapled shut bag I'm supposed to "verify". I'm not based out a specific restaurant so this isn't the same as a pizza delivery guy forgetting your two liter of soda and I can't imagine going back to a McDonald's or any place for that matter trying to explain something was missing time is money
Agreed. I ask if there are any drinks like you do. Much of the time I have no real way to confirm whether the order is exactly right or not, and if the customer asks me where the drink is I just tell them to contact uber. I do not go back to the restaurant on my dime. That happened to me last night (although the order on the app showed no drink and the restaurant had said there was no drink, and I had no receipt to review).

VanGuy

I wish you people see the whole picture about McDonald's, they are understaffed, the 15 year old kids don't care if they got the UE order right, the customers are lower class and dumb as rocks(thats scientifically proven BTW fast food makes people stupid) so they will complain more and tip less and live in huge apartment areas and can't afford to tip. It's just all bad Juju associated with McDonald's. Yes go ahead cite the exception oh my McDonald's customers all tip me 20s. But deep down everything I said is correct
I believe everything you said is correct, and I also don't do McD's anymore as a result. I would just love to see the study showing they're dumb as rocks.

First Scientist: "OK, the rock scored 0/20 on math. UE customer got also got 0."
Second Scientist: "Wait, wait, how can you get 0 on a math test? This was designed for grade school."
First Scientist: "McDonalds eater."
Second Scientist: "I understand. Proceed."

:smiles: