• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Drivers forcing pax to cancel non profitable trips.

Lee239

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He says people cancel before they show up because the ride is too cheap, A driver has no way of knowing the amount of the ride or where they are going until they start the ride

But I do think the $10 cancellation fee in NYC is too high.

Chip Dawg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's more than 4 times the minimum fare in my area. Plus if a driver tries to cheat you and the next one does too because they won't show up and want you to cancel that's $20 plus the cost of the next ride.
That's where Uber support comes in.

JimKE

That's more than 4 times the minimum fare in my area. Plus if a driver tries to cheat you and the next one does too because they won't show up and want you to cancel that's $20 plus the cost of the next ride.
Two things:
  1. New York drivers don't drive in Fort Myers. Their costs, both regulatory and vehicle, are much higher than ours in Florida, and their rates reflect that.
  2. If a pax complains about a cancellation fee, Uber will refund it immediately.