Drivers Are Blocking Other Drivers From Receiving Orders

LondonLuke

I've been noticing a trend for the past four weeks that a Brazilian clique of drivers in my area (London) seem to have significant priority over me and certain other drivers.

For example: There could be a dozen drivers parked within close proximity of a very popular restaurant (McDonalds) and the same drivers will always receive orders no matter what! Be it busy or quiet; be they near or far away! Even when they're on a delivery, they will drive back to the restaurant only to pick up another order with minimal waiting time, which means they must have accepted the order 'n route.

I tried to send this information to UberEats but they don't seem to care. I get the same old computer generated response every time.

Many other drivers who I've spoken with have expressed the same observations too.

Any help?

Last edited:

Emp9

they play favorites with drivers they make high profits on. the trick also is to not be too near. uber doesnt give pings if you are too close.

Micro

They are faking their GPS data so they are on top of the restaurant. No matter how close you get they will usually get it unless there is more than one order. There are a few really great hacks out now that are giving some drivers the edge. It's sad, and a problem for legit drivers.

LondonLuke

Thanks for the replies even though both answers conflict!

they play favorites with drivers they make high profits on. the trick also is to not be too near. uber doesnt give pings if you are too close.

This is something I've noticed. I seem to only get orders when I'm driving away from the restaurant in question. If I'm waiting in the car park, my chance of a ping goes to almost zero unless I'm the only driver working in close proximity that night.

I've been working 60+ hours a week for UberEats, this feels like something more than "playing favourites" is going on.

They are faking their GPS data so they are on top of the restaurant. No matter how close you get they will usually get it unless there is more than one order. There are a few really great hacks out now that are giving some drivers the edge. It's sad, and a problem for legit drivers.

This is really sad news to hear. Once the Brazilian clique arrived, all of the drivers who were originally in my area have been forced away to other parts of London in hopes of finding more stable work.

The only time I seem to be getting pings is during peek time when all the Brazilians have orders to collect at the same time.

Last edited:

keb

I'll tell you what they are doing. They have an account set up for their wife, mom, dad, and any adult children. They are running several accounts.

I've seen this with Amazon flex in Orlando when I'm getting an order delivered Juan will be my delivery driver one time and then the next it's Maria or Julio but IT'S THE SAME GUY!

ebrain

You can spoof your gps easily, probably what these @@@@@@@@ do
I dont think spoofing the GPS brings any benefit in this case. The way spoofing apps work is that you have to set your position on the map. Lets say they have put themselves 10 minutes away/whatever. They get ping and need to pickup the order. Once on delivery you cannot put yourself at spoofed location till you have delivered the order. Not only that Uber keeps track of your location and blocks spoofing if your position moves too fast.

Keb's logic seems right they have multiple accounts from same household. Uber sends orders to different drivers but a contact in restaurant has all phones accepting the pings while driver is on delivery. Driver goes in, takes the phone with order leaving other one back and rotate.

LondonLuke

I dont think spoofing the GPS brings any benefit in this case. The way spoofing apps work is that you have to set your position on the map. Lets say they have put themselves 10 minutes away/whatever. They get ping and need to pickup the order. Once on delivery you cannot put yourself at spoofed location till you have delivered the order. Not only that Uber keeps track of your location and blocks spoofing if your position moves too fast.

Keb's logic seems right they have multiple accounts from same household. Uber sends orders to different drivers but a contact in restaurant has all phones accepting the pings while driver is on delivery. Driver goes in, takes the phone with order leaving other one back and rotate.

The multiple account theory seems the most plausible. I'm not sure if it answers how they're getting pings for new orders when they're not even close to the restaurant. For example, yesterday:

I heard the machine go off,
ping went to another driver even though I've been waiting a age,
checked the parking lot a there were no driver in eye sight,
checked the number on the receipt,
5- 10 minutes later the usual suspect comes in to collect the receipt and off he goes with minimal waiting time.

Maybe they're using a combination of fake GPS and multiple accounts.

Last edited:

observer

I'll tell you what they are doing. They have an account set up for their wife, mom, dad, and any adult children. They are running several accounts.

I've seen this with Amazon flex in Orlando when I'm getting an order delivered Juan will be my delivery driver one time and then the next it's Maria or Julio but IT'S THE SAME GUY!

This ^^^^^.

This was being done at LAX.

One person would hold a bunch of phones with accounts. As someone from the group came in he would be handed a phone with a ping. That person would then leave his other phone so that it would recieve another ping. With a few different drivers this phone would more than likely recieve another ping and it would then go to another driver.

BSki

This ^^^^^.

This was being done at LAX.

One person would hold a bunch of phones with accounts. As someone from the group came in he would be handed a phone with a ping. That person would then leave his other phone so that it would recieve another ping. With a few different drivers this phone would more than likely recieve another ping and it would then go to another driver.
How do you do that? Do they all drive the same car with the same plates?

keb

It's for ubereats and any other deliver service, like Amazon flex, etc. Not passenger driving, although I'm sure there are some issues there too.

BSki

It's for ubereats and any other deliver service, like Amazon flex, etc. Not passenger driving, although I'm sure there are some issues there too.
He said this was being done at LAX, that is passenger driving. So that is where I was confused, maybe the have the same car registered on all their accounts?

keb

He said this was being done at LAX, that is passenger driving. So that is where I was confused, maybe the have the same car registered on all their accounts?
No, the OP was talking about food delivery, read the first post. But yes, they are doing it with x, xl, black, select, etc in a different manner. It's very cheap to have an unlimited plan with hotspot these days. Then the other phones (not active) are connected to the hotspot using TextNow as the phone app so they can have as many phone numbers as they have phones and only one needs service. Then they are driving for Peter, Paul, and Mary and getting three times the amount of runs as a normal person because they are driving under their wife's account, brothers account, fathers account, etc. I'm sure there are other ways if I gave it more thought but I know FOR SURE these two methods are being used.

observer

Sorry, I went offline for a bit. Similar cars different plates. Not a lot of passengers check the plates. I would imagine that no Ubereats customer checks plates. All they care about is that their food is there.

Emp9

it hasnt worked like that (closest to pick up) in a very long time. i can be right in front of pax ordering uber yet they have them wait 4 min for another driver.

Candace

I've had riders that we have ended the ride and they decide they want to go somewhere else and request a ride real quick. While I'm sitting right next to them and don't get the request! They have to cancel and order a few times then it usually works. But, theres times it doesn't and they offer cash for the next ride instead! Bullshit!

LondonLuke

It turns out that the Brazilian clique of drivers are using every trick under the sun to game the system. Thankfully, for my peace of mind at least, it wasn't just paranoia after all.

Last week, McDonalds' staff caught many drivers using multiple accounts due to the fact that they would try and collect multiple orders at once; sometimes as many as three at a time. The McDonalds' restaurant where I pick up orders only allow a maximum of one order per driver!

Some of the other "fair" drivers also spotted one of the Brazilian drivers with type of "jamming" device in his backpack. I didn't see it with my own eyes so I can't be certain, but I asked one of them to describe what he saw. He told me: "It was a black box with multiple antennae sticking out from the top". He then proceeded to pick out a picture from Google image of a mobile phone network jammer.

On Friday/Saturday/Sunday, most of the Brazilian clique moved on to another part of the city after we, the "fair" drivers, started to make noise about what was going on. To cut a long story short, my profits increased significantly and there was enough work for everyone to go around.

Last edited:

unPat

I've been noticing a trend for the past four weeks that a Brazilian clique of drivers in my area (London) seem to have significant priority over me and certain other drivers.

For example: There could be a dozen drivers parked within close proximity of a very popular restaurant (McDonalds) and the same drivers will always receive orders no matter what! Be it busy or quiet; be they near or far away! Even when they're on a delivery, they will drive back to the restaurant only to pick up another order with minimal waiting time, which means they must have accepted the order 'n route.

I tried to send this information to UberEats but they don't seem to care. I get the same old computer generated response every time.

Many other drivers who I've spoken with have expressed the same observations too.

Any help?
Totally unrelated topic . But Uber eats is still available in London but not the rides ?

Candace

I think I saw something about them pulling the rides from London just dont remember why. Look it up online. Dont bother asking uber they're useless. Do you have lyft there?