1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Drivers are being deactivated for cleaning fee disputes?

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by chsdrvr, Aug 12, 2017.

1. chsdrvr

chsdrvr New Member

I've seen it mentioned here as well as a few other places. My question is: how is this done fairly?

I would imagine many riders hit with the cleaning fee end up disputing it to try to get back the $20, $50, $150, however much it was, even if they know they did it.

So how are we supposed to know where we stand on this? How many disputes until we get the axe?

I have collected 2 cleaning fees in my almost 1.5 years of driving. Would I know if they were disputed?

This kind of thing makes me wonder what decision I'll make next time I need to report a serious mess.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I don't believe most pax will dispute it. They know they did something. In most cases they feel bad about it.

I've had pax tell me they got charged when a friend of theirs threw up. They were bummed, but it was more of a that sucks complaint.
    They knew they deserved it.

unPat, SpeedyGonzalez11 and tohunt4me like this.
  3. nickd8775

nickd8775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They know a cleaning fee is unlikely for a trip beginning at 8 am Monday from the airport. But it's more likely at 2 am on Saturday night from a bar.
    Most pukers older than college age will suck it up, knowing they messed up.

unPat, SpeedyGonzalez11 and tohunt4me like this.
  4. Robertk

Robertk Well-Known Member

why the hell would you wonder that? Be honest and only report real messes, and if Uber deactivates you for reporting a real mess then have enough self-esteem (and hopefully other income options) to realize that this isn't a company you wanna work for.

also... Uber needs drivers, they ain't gonna deactivate you for 2 cleaning fees. If it were 8, 12, 15 cleaning fees where every one of the pax denied doing it, well then maybe uber would do something.

i just collected my first $20 cleaning fee. I found gum of the seat and confronted the pax who denied it even while standing in front of me chewing gum. I asked him why the gum was still warm if he was the only one sitting in that seat for the last half hour and he had no answer. Thing is I kinda believe him when he said he didn't do it but the evidence is overwhelming that he did in fact do it. I figure maybe he has some weird thing where he doesn't know that he took gum out of his mouth and put it ... somewhere.... then got a new piece all nearly unconsciously while he was busy chatting. Smokers are that way too, not much conscious thought goes into lighting, puffing, and flicking. Anyway the moral is that pax will ALWAYS deny so what's uber gonna do, deactivate a 1.5 yr vet driver and try to find 8 illegals to fill your spot? Oh.... wait.... nevermind.

unPat, LAS0023, Rakos and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Just speculation here, but I imagine most of the deactivated drivers were claiming a LOT more cleaning fees than you or I could imagine. And if they could prove those cleaning fees were accurate, there could be some legal follow-up even despite a high number of incidents.

Dashcams are the ultimate evidence. But I get the feeling that a lot of those deactivated drivers had questionable cleaning fees and little to no evidence to back up the claims.

Don't let fear affect your judgement. If you have to clean up, there should be a cleaning fee - and I don't mean "clean up" as in brush some crumbs off a seat or shake out the floor mats.

If paper towels and "airing out" are required, there should be a cleaning fee.

6. SadUber

SadUber Well-Known Member

I got 2 cleaning fees and it was really nice to get.
    I'm putting together a plan to get a bunch more, so hopefully this is rare.

unPat likes this.
  7. Robert finnly

Robert finnly Active Member

Cheating pax out of money is disgraceful smh

8. Cableguynoe

Driving:
    UberXL
    Who here has suggested cheating pax out of money?

9. SadUber

It won't be cheating. I just have a hunch where I can get a bunch of cleaning fees.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  10. Robert finnly

Robert finnly Active Member

This person said it. Just cause uber screws us , gives us no right to screw the pax

221CNY_UBERdrver likes this.
  11. Dammit Mazzacane

Dammit Mazzacane Well-Known Member

Drive like a madman you can jolt some kids into puking. It's the rollercoaster effect. It's your car.... but yuck.

12. 4.9 forever

4.9 forever Active Member

That is not what he said.

13. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis Well-Known Member

there are threads here that discuss fake vomit and screwing passengers with it, perhaps they are all just venting but if they actually do such things than that would be cheating pax out of money.

221CNY_UBERdrver likes this.
  14. SadUber

Is it cheating if I know a place where there'll be a bunch of pukers?

15. Cableguynoe

Driving:
    UberXL
    We're talking about this thread. Try to keep up

chsdrvr likes this.
  16. SadUber

Cableguynoe, I'll PM you what I'm thinking of so you can know that I'm not planning anything unethical.

17. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis Well-Known Member

Who here, that is rather non specific i interpret it to mean this forum.

18. unPat

unPat Well-Known Member

If you lie and claim the fee you are asking for trouble. Uber is not paying that fee from their pocket. They will charge the passenger and if you see a charge of $150 on a $10 fare for no reason they will dispute it. If a rider actually throw up they will not argue but just pay the fee.

SadUber likes this.
  19. Cableguynoe

Driving:
    UberXL
    Interpret what your want how you want.
    That doesn't change the fact of what I, or others were talking about.

20. SatMan

SatMan Active Member

VIDEO CAMERA...