1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Driverless Cars Hitting the Road Soon in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Autonomous' started by Old Smokey, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Well-Known Member

Well after two days of news articles bashing the increased traffic that the State approved TNC programs, aka FUBER and Lyft a new press release today. Those asked about my prophecy "The Final Countdown Begins," even I am surprised to see media release that modified autonomous cars will be on the streets of San Francisco soon. FUBER and Lyft will take all their Pool data to battle trying to keep the driver amounts as high as possible, but soon they will battle for just cars on the road. To coin a pharse from our NEW LEADER "YOU'RE FIRED."

Tr4vis Ka1anick and Ozzyoz like this.
  2. Coaststarlight

Coaststarlight Well-Known Member

Are these real driverless cars or the ones with a a small party of engineers and technicians occupying half the available seats incase it decides to become un-driverless randomly?

3. Tedgey

Tedgey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What do you think? It's none of the above. @old coughalot is making this up. Otherwise he would have provided a damned LINK ALREADY!

4. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    But Uber doesn't provide transportation!! They are only a technology company that enables two people to connect; one looking for a ride and the other happens to be going in the same direction! lol!!!

d'Uber, JMBF831, Sid161 and 8 others like this.
  5. observer

observer Moderator Moderator

6. Linux Geek

Linux Geek Active Member

Will the driverless Uber cars in San Francisco have two Uber employees in the front seats like the driverless cars in Pittsburgh?

RedoBeach, Woodbury77, Ozzyoz and 4 others like this.
  7. Old Smokey

Copy and drag not my strong suit. Article in Uber news. Old Coughalot? Stage 4 Cancer is still terminal, denial that FUBER is moving forward to replace any and all drivers is STAGE 3.

8. observer

"Bahaddine, a full-time Uber driver not involved in the autonomous vehicle project who asked to be identified by just his first name, said Uber told drivers about its plans to launch self-driving Fords and Volvos in San Francisco. He's not too concerned, however, that robot cars will take his job.

"I'm not worried," Bahaddine said. "It's only 100 cars coming.""

This was funny, lol, how many Bahaddines could possibly work for Uber in SF. :D

9. LostOne

LostOne Well-Known Member

Karl Marx likes this.
  10. Old Smokey

Today FUBER is a technology company, when there are no independent contractors/partner's left then like a butterfly it will change into the WORLD'S LARGEST TRANSPORTATION COMPANY!!! Oh one more thing the prices are going up. FUBER ON

11. observer

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  12. Linux Geek

Linux Geek Active Member

I don't think anyone on this forum is denying Uber is moving forward. The question is how fast. I would think autonomous driving on core Los Angeles city streets is a hundred times harder engineering problem to solve than driving down the freeway, which a Tesla for example can do now. Pickups and dropoffs are going to be especially hard problems to solve.

observer likes this.
  13. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I don't see a driverless Lada article...must be just a fad.

observer likes this.
  14. SurgeOrSelect

SurgeOrSelect Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  15. Tedgey

Tedgey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  16. uberer2016

uberer2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    My new job will be to ride uber and lyft all day in these driveless car looking for a defective unit. One accident and i get paid and will be set for life.

Tnasty, Brian G., phillipzx3 and 12 others like this.
  17. 2CV750CC

2CV750CC Well-Known Member

Bahaddines - must be the Mexican dude who dines out a lot - he comes from Baja California and can't spell

observer likes this.
  18. Tedgey

Tedgey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree fire the most part here. Uber is inching forward in certain locations but how are they going to handle driving in DTLA where your GPS hardly even works and you have to park in a driving lane to pick up and drop off. These are solvable problems but they'll take a long time to solve. These are decisions that require judgement. Don't discount how powerful a tool your mind is and there will never be a computer that can apply judgement like the human brain.

19. Old Smokey

FUBER and Lyft have been trying to get cities to have TNC zones, aka bus stops. They are programming the masses. Fight the system, don't become a sitting duck.

Tedgey likes this.
  20. Old Smokey

Think of all the boost perks, and new driver incentives. There is plenty of waste to cut from balance sheet. Remember what Travis said "The guy in the front seat is the most expensive part of rideshare."

Tedgey likes this.