• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Driver Support going to Hell in a hand-basket.

PoorBasterd

The email interaction pretty much says it all

Start reading from the bottom to follow the time line.

I already uploaded the picture already to Uber. The Uber rep at Uber office even went into the file and saw it. So I don't understand how it is you don't see it. I took the picture with the partner app and then went and cleaned it. The partner app does not save it on the camera roll of the phone. Put the Uber employee at the Scarborough office was able to see the uploaded picture so I don't know how you say you don't have it.

P*******

Sent from my iPhone

On May 9, 2016, at 5:46 PM, Eduardo (Uber Support) <support@uber.com> wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (141660792) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Eduardo (Uber)

May 9, 14:46

Hi P********,

Sorry to hear about what happened to your vehicle.

We understand the importance of keeping the quality of your car. For us to help you with this, can you please provide us more photos so we can best decide how to reimburse you and bill it to the customer. Please do send us these photos within 48 hours so we can charge it to your rider.

Hope to hear back from you.

Best,

Eduardo
help.uber.com

P*************

May 8, 07:53

First of all, my name is NOT maud, it's p*********. Maud is the rider's name. Secondly, I already did do what you outlined and uploaded a picture of the mess already.

P****************

Sent from my iPhone

Jake (Uber)

May 8, 01:00

Hi Maud,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the mess on your vehicle.

We're here to assist you however, we need to follow the correct process for a cleaning fee reimbursement. To do that, select the trip the incident occurred on. Go to Trip History in your app and tap "I had an issue with the fare," then "Request a cleaning fee." Please provide photos of the mess and a description of what happened. We'll review and let you know if the rider can be charged a flat rate cleaning fee.

Moving forward, follow these steps immediately after any trip with an incident. This helps us charge riders fairly and accurately for cleaning and damage to your vehicle. We appreciate your patience and professionalism throughout this process.

Please let us know if you have questions or concerns.

Jake
help.uber.com

Uber Support (Uber)

May 8, 00:13

Share Details: Rider's companion came into car with bleeding finger. I made rider aware the if there's blood on my upholstery, there would be a cleaning charge.

Theres blood on my upholstery
Repair Cost Estimate: $60

Uber Support
help.uber.com

Attachment(s)
image.jpeg

This email is a service from Uber.

[J6ZO6Y-YYVJ]

PoorBasterd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
if Travis really wants to save money, he can start by completely shutting down the foreign based Driver Support dept. and tell drivers to just go into the local office for their market. I went into to office and the Uber employer went into the file and saw the picture I uploaded. These contractors overseas are USELESS!!!!

Stygge

As bad as this may appear to you, it's nothing yet compared to a normal support issue. I normally send 6-9 e-mail per issue and it usually takes more than a week. I've been successful in getting them to pay what they owe in the end but it takes a bit of e-mailing. Keep it up and let us know once you got the fee.

Ben105

I sent a support request asking why I wasn't getting surge when it was clearly a surge time and the pax request was well within the surge area. I didn't have screen shots for the first two rides I took (didn't think to, until I noticed no surge pricing on the fares).

I only signed in on a Saturday during the day because the surge was 4.9. I sent them a time-stamped screenshot showing a surge of 3.9 and while I was taking the pic, a ping came in with no surge. I sent both info to support and the first response wanted to know the trip ID. I had already given them the time of the ride and origin and destination. It's extremely difficult to type the trip id in the phone as you can't copy and past from that screen and there's no way I was going to remember that number.

I sent them the info and they responded that perhaps the address was out of the surge zone. I sent them the surge screenshot with the location I picked the pax up at marked (well within the red). They then said that the surges are every changing and that there was NO surge at the time the pax made their request. I told them that it was hard to believe as it was surging for the 45 minutes before and at least another 20 minutes after this ride. The amounts changed, but it was still surging.

They still haven't responded to my last update. I'm tired of canned responses both on the phone and online. They're awful and should be abolished from every company. They just sound fake and it proves that no one ACTUALLY READS the tickets, just click a button and send off.

PoorBasterd

I just took a at the email again and saw a link image.jpeg. Guess what? it links right to the picture I sent them! Click it yourself and you'll see what I mean. My dear, sweet God! Is it that hard to click a link? Just to make sure, I clicked it myself, saved it and included it as an image with the reply email. I really don't think whatever company Travis contracted for this actually has anybody with computer skills.

As my late father-inlaw of blessed memory would say: "Some people have just enough common sense to prevent them from eating their own excrement."

Stygge

I just took a at the email again and saw a link image.jpeg. Guess what? it links right to the picture I sent them! Click it yourself and you'll see what I mean. My dear, sweet God! Is it that hard to click a link? Just to make sure, I clicked it myself, saved it and included it as an image with the reply email. I really don't think whatever company Travis contracted for this actually has anybody with computer skills.

As my late father-inlaw of blessed memory would say: "Some people have just enough common sense to prevent them from eating their own excrement."
The image is from uber's support system Zendesk. I'm not a big fan of Zendesk and I'm appalled that their information is open to the public. This is the type of support we can expect from companies using Zendesk. Uber may be one of the worst implementations of the system as they did not purchase many of the optional modules (like Zendesk voice!!)

PoorBasterd

Got back an email and they're going to give me a $100 CAD for cleaning.

Thanks for all your support everyone.