1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Driver Support even worse now

Discussion in 'Flex' started by Movaldriver, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Movaldriver

Movaldriver Well-Known Member

What is going on? Now they are saying that they can't mark packages. Several of us have experienced this. I had a bad gate code but wasn't close enough to mark it access problem. Support said they can no longer mark packages? Then why are we supposed to call? Becoming more of a joke every day! I get blamed for not attempting to make a delivery because of this.

2. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

With all the deact's going on they are going to run through more drivers at a faster rate than Lyft/Uber.

Looks like I have to get a diff phone. :confused:

3. Bygosh

Bygosh Active Member

90 million Prime Subscribers and how many do Flex? They could lose 20-40 million customers just because of how stupid they are with the Flex program.

Movaldriver likes this.
  4. oicu812

oicu812 Well-Known Member

Call the 877 number instead of through the app.

5. Movaldriver

At the risk of sounding ignorant what is the number or where would I find it

6. rozz

rozz Active Member

It's 1-800-FIX-FLEX. They solve all problems and even provide emergency roadside assistance!

Actually I think it's the same number that gets dialed through the app. They only have one centralized driver support network.

dkcs and Movaldriver like this.
  7. Movaldriver

Thank you Rozz! Somebody here at our warehouse mentioned the roadside assistance I thought they didn't even have that. Good to know

8. DeathByFlex

DeathByFlex Active Member

Hang up, try again... maybe the next support rep will be better...

Flex driver support: 877-472-7562

Movaldriver likes this.
  9. Frœsty

Frœsty Active Member

Flex is an alternate method to their white van DAs and anyone operating under the impression that Flex is cheaper for Amazon than the real DAs is sorely mistaken. They are better trained, better equipped and can deliver more than we do. Flex is there to pick the slack for vans and are easier and quicker to mobilize in unforseen circumstances (a weak point at best.)

10. oicu812

oicu812 Well-Known Member

I heard it direct from the upper managers of a couple different stations. Flex is cheaper for Amazon. Say a $54 3 hr flex block with 30 packages. It cost Amazon less than $2 for each package delivered. If a logistics company can profit from less than $2/pkg delivered, they will have all the routes they want from Amazon. That's why bids from logistics companies are all over $2/pkg delivered for their routes.

DAs are better trained is because more experience flex drivers wouldn't want to "train" new drivers because that would be training the competition. I've seen DAs that are 2-3 routes into their employment, already "training" new DAs. I wouldn't want DAs with bad habits training new DAs. I've also seen numerous DAs that do not know how to properly pack and organize their vans. The DAs for a specific logistics company tend to work as a team. Flex drivers don't. It's every person for themselves and rightly so. Granted the DA's Zebra TC56 rabbits are better suited for scanning and much better battery life than most phones, they are industrial smartphones.

Flex delivers same day packages at night whereas vans do not. Flex is not there to pick up the slack but as supplement to the vans. Flex delivers most of the vans' undeliverables. Some van's returns are re-sorted into the morning van routes otherwise they were delivered by flex drivers the night before.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    dkcs likes this.
  11. Bygosh

Bygosh Active Member

This is just straight up false. Vans are more expensive then Flex. They also have insanely high turnover. There are Flex drivers that have been delivering here for 2 years, the longest I've seen a van driver last is about 6 months.