Votes: 130 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 42 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoyalTee85

RoyalTee85

What will this achieve...
Uber makes money ONLY when drivers accept and complete rides. In all actuality, 12 hours of pay to an individual driver is what, $200-300 on a good day. But, that's millions, even tens of millions of dollars to Uber corporate. If drivers could initiate and cause a one day negative $10,000,000 day Uber will have no choice but to revert to fair practices and pay for the people that do the work, drivers, you. Also, the strike is to coincide with the IPO filing. Shareholders don't like 8+ figure losses.

No Prisoners

What will this achieve...
Well just imagine if large number of drivers actually shot down the app, or better leave app on but decline all pings on IPO day. Uber's worst nightmare becomes reality. It would shake its core.
How do you think Wallstreet would react.
You never know anything is possible. Karma and nirvana simultaneously.
Keep tweets, forums light up, email blasts, word of mouth. Hey call yellow vests.
Post automatically merged:

Here's a slogan for the strike.
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE

RoyalTee85

Well just imagine if large number of drivers actually shot down the app, or better leave app on but decline all pings on IPO day. Uber's worst nightmare becomes reality. It would shake its core.
How do you think Wallstreet would react.
You never know anything is possible. Karma and nirvana simultaneously.
Keep tweets, forums light up, email blasts, word of mouth. Hey call yellow vests.

Here's a slogan for the strike.
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE
I'm reaching out to news media outlets

No Prisoners

Pass this slogan on. Teach uber THE BORG. RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE.

Commies. If you don't like your wages, go get another job. If you don't like your wages there, start your own business and be your own boss and stop trying to destroy what others have worked hard to create. Selfish and foolish people.
You are the BORG HUMANOID. RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE.
Hey this thing can really get momentum and IPO fails.

RoyalTee85

Commies. If you don't like your wages, go get another job. If you don't like your wages there, start your own business and be your own boss and stop trying to destroy what others have worked hard to create. Selfish and foolish people.
Why? I've been on the platform for 3yrs. I, amongst others (driver's) have built this company. It's our vehicles, it's our customer service, it's our labor. Uber began fair, with transparency. A simple 20-25% commission to Uber for facilitating a ride match/dispatching. They've become greedy. They've increased rider fares, while simultaneously decreasing driver wages AND increasing their commission to drivers.

Also, I am a business owner. I would NEVER treat my employees or contractors in the same manner. I believe in fairness and equal opportunity for all. I'd never hire someone under one set of terms and manipulate the contract until my "workers" were impoverished.

No Prisoners

Watch blood sucking uber Borg humanoids rush into all forums trying to disrupt any organization. This guy comes in calling drivers commies while they rape drivers lowering rates and gauging rides. For what. So they can cash out on the IPO and snore up their noses the bounty gained on back of drivers. What makes them entitled.

Just got response from friend in NYC he's with Fox news network. He's got around 300,000 followers and will be tweeting and emailing including the slogan requesting to retweet and to forward.

Last edited:

RoyalTee85

Would it not be more disruptive -- and more noticeable -- to NOT log off the app and instead just continuously decline pings?
(and log back in when they log you off after several declines, and repeat the declines)
No, not if you intend to return to the platform. That would ruin your ratings and affect your ability to obtain the tiered rewards. Just don't logon, they can't make you or punish you for not logging on.

This strike isn't a surprise, Uber knows it's coming. If a big enough impact is made they'll have no choice but to improve.

KD_LA

Author
No, not if you intend to return to the platform. That would ruin your ratings and affect your ability to obtain the tiered rewards. Just don't logon, they can't make you or punish you for not logging on.

This strike isn't a surprise, Uber knows it's coming. If a big enough impact is made they'll have no choice but to improve.

Declining pings is "supposed" to not affect your account. If that is true, then there's no better statement than to stay online and repeatedly decline-- because it will be disruptive to the system and to the service.

Staying offline is like not going in to the office and staying home. Standing outside the office and striking in a picket line, on the other hand, is disruptive and highly visible.

RoyalTee85

Why would you want the IPO to fail?
Why would Uber want drivers to struggle? Work for less then minimum wage?

Personally, I don't want the IPO to fail. I want Uber to acknowledge that drivers are the backbone of the company and therefore pay as such. Seemingly, they only care about their bottom line so that's whe we're must hit them. Again, $200 to an individual driver to cause an eight or nine figure disruption at the corporate level would make a statement, to Uber and it's affiliates.

I'm tired of doing $200 rides and losing 48% to Greedy Uber. It's robbery.... there's no transparency, they take what they want and give you what's left.

Declining pings is "supposed" to not affect your account. If that is true, then there's no better statement than to stay online and repeatedly decline-- because it will be disruptive to the system and to the service.

Staying offline is like not going in to the office and staying home. Standing outside the office and striking in a picket line, on the other hand, is disruptive and highly visible.
That's a false statement. The tiered rewards/ benefits determination includes your acceptance rating as a factor. Uber is a supply and demand platform. Passengers demand rides and drivers login and supply rides. Therefore, removing the suppliers (driver's) causes a disruption. Every person on earth can request a ride but if we're dont login to drive Uber makes no money. They do not provide a service, they should not dictate how much if the wages you work for are actually dispersed to you. Especially without transparency, regulation, agreement. Again, when they began it was fair. You signed up, both the company and driver agreed to a commission rate and everyone thrived. Now you login and drive and you make whatever they give you. It's become a plantation business model. Master owns the land and we're do the labor for whatever scraps are dispersed at the end of the day. I'm baffled by the lack of regulation into their practices.

Last edited:

Whynotsteve

Why? I've been on the platform for 3yrs. I, amongst others (driver's) have built this company. It's our vehicles, it's our customer service, it's our labor. Uber began fair, with transparency. A simple 20-25% commission to Uber for facilitating a ride match/dispatching. They've become greedy. They've increased rider fares, while simultaneously decreasing driver wages AND increasing their commission to drivers.

Also, I am a business owner. I would NEVER treat my employees or contractors in the same manner. I believe in fairness and equal opportunity for all. I'd never hire someone under one set of terms and manipulate the contract until my "workers" were impoverished.

If you’re a successful business owner then why are you driving for what you call “slave wages”

I call bullshit.....

Nats121

The fact you're getting hysterical means you're worried that work stoppages could be effective.

Guess what buddy, I hope uber's IPO goes up in smoke.

The "hard workers" are all the drivers with broken cars and empty pockets, 97% of whom quit every year.

Whynotsteve

Watch blood sucking uber Borg humanoids rush into all forums trying to disrupt any organization. This guy comes in calling drivers commies while they rape drivers lowering rates and gauging rides. For what. So they can cash out on the IPO and snore up their noses the bounty gained on back of drivers. What makes them entitled.

Just got response from friend in NYC he's with Fox news network. He's got around 300,000 followers and will be tweeting and emailing including the slogan requesting to retweet and to forward.

Lol....the slogan....you guys are hilarious...