Driver scams

Sacto Burbs

XL Driver picks up a passenger at SFO in horrendous traffic - the guy is going to San Mateo - the driver goes as far as the Westin claims Über "unmatched" them - demands 25 bucks to take him to San Mateo or get dumped on the road - pax chooses getting dumped on the road

I get him - $13.50 net on XL.

Niner687

So if u net $13.50, that means customer probably paid close to $25 to Uber, maybe the first driver was telling the truth. Passengers just make stuff up sometimes, u only hear one side of story

SRGuy

XL Driver picks up a passenger at SFO in horrendous traffic - the guy is going to San Mateo - the driver goes as far as the Westin claims Über "unmatched" them - demands 25 bucks to take him to San Mateo or get dumped on the road - pax chooses getting dumped on the road

I get him - $13.50 net on XL.
Glitch in the app probably caused the problem. I have heard of trips being dropped during boost - obviously not benefiting the driver - and on pool rides unable to add a rider. With the rider already in the car.

Sacto Burbs

Another driver scam.

Approach pax, start trip, don't like destination, drive away. Wait for rider to cancel. Collect fare.

Oh, that's right, that's not a scam, that's just smart driving.