Driver Rights

Driver_T_87

Seems like we don’t have a leg to stand on when it comes to rider complaints. I’ve been driving for 2 1/2 yrs. Close to 12k rides and always maintained a rating in the 4.90s. Over the years I had been falsely accused of driving impaired twice which I adamantly denied both times. Also been falsely accused of other things like accidents and arguments which I disputed. I don’t know if sometimes riders are just mistaken or if they're out here deliberately lying for their own benefit. So I recently was accused of my car smelling like weed. I didn’t deny it because I explained to them that multiple times daily I have riders that get in my car smelling like weed. All I can do is febreeze my car but sometimes the smell may still linger. I also made it clear it wasn’t on my behalf because don’t smoke weed myself, I couldn’t if I wanted to because of a medical condition. So after they investigated they decided to tie the weed smell in with the previous impaired claims and deactivate my account. It’s crazy because it was lies every time. I just feel like whatever game some of these riders are playing is at the expense of drivers livelihood. And we don’t really have a foot to stand on in defending ourselves against false reports.

MiamiKid

Seems like we don’t have a leg to stand on when it comes to rider complaints. I’ve been driving for 2 1/2 yrs. Close to 12k rides and always maintained a rating in the 4.90s. Over the years I had been falsely accused of driving impaired twice which I adamantly denied both times. Also been falsely accused of other things like accidents and arguments which I disputed. I don’t know if sometimes riders are just mistaken or if they're out here deliberately lying for their own benefit. So I recently was accused of my car smelling like weed. I didn’t deny it because I explained to them that multiple times daily I have riders that get in my car smelling like weed. All I can do is febreeze my car but sometimes the smell may still linger. I also made it clear it wasn’t on my behalf because don’t smoke weed myself, I couldn’t if I wanted to because of a medical condition. So after they investigated they decided to tie the weed smell in with the previous impaired claims and deactivate my account. It’s crazy because it was lies every time. I just feel like whatever game some of these riders are playing is at the expense of drivers livelihood. And we don’t really have a foot to stand on in defending ourselves against false reports.
Totally insane. Have never heard of any other business or corporation that unfair with respect to customer complaints.

Particularly, when completely unsubstantiated!
Post automatically merged:

Totally insane. Have never heard of any other business or corporation that unfair with respect to customer complaints.

Particularly, when completely unsubstantiated!
Don't know if it would help; but, you might consider stopping by the hub. Ask for a supervisor.

Driver_T_87

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea I spoke to someone yesterday morning. He took everything in to consideration and said that he basically sided with me but the most he had the power to do was resubmit my account for review for a possibly different outcome and I should here something in 2-3 business days. Meanwhile I’m just stuck. Crazy that a company this successful is this negligent in this area.

MiamiKid

Yea I spoke to someone yesterday morning. He took everything in to consideration and said that he basically sided with me but the most he had the power to do was resubmit my account for review for a possibly different outcome and I should here something in 2-3 business days. Meanwhile I’m just stuck. Crazy that a company this successful is this negligent in this area.
Good luck with everything. Can emphasize, as I've had several bogus reports from riders as well.

And they're, normally, doing this for a free $10 ride. Don't know how they sleep at night.

Ballermaris

A reason I stress the use of a Dash Camera. (I use the Owl Camera), that can back you up in some cases with a belligerent PAX. The clip is automatically saved to your own phone after saying the magic key word, "Ok, Presto", and you can have it as evidence. If Uber wants to believe the PAX over the driver with video evidence to the contrary; start sharing on Social Media.
Remember, you have to be prepared to defend your actions and a video can be a very powerful alley.

Uberkimmy

Unbelievable!! Every one of those has happened to me with ubereats!
I just got fast pay taken, making me unable to deliver because I need it for gas.

2Cents

A reason I stress the use of a Dash Camera. (I use the Owl Camera), that can back you up in some cases with a belligerent PAX. The clip is automatically saved to your own phone after saying the magic key word, "Ok, Presto", and you can have it as evidence. If Uber wants to believe the PAX over the driver with video evidence to the contrary; start sharing on Social Media.
Remember, you have to be prepared to defend your actions and a video can be a very powerful alley.
I have the owl. How do you like it?

Ballermaris

I have the owl. How do you like it?
I like it a lot. I state I have the camera in my vehicle in my driver bio, and there are stickers on the doors at the none roll down windows with the Owl sticker that state there is a device recording audio/video. It keeps the Pax's on notice that it is present. I have had a Pax demand I turn it around, I said not happening and he started getting cranky. I saw a nearby cop and waved him over and the guy bolted from my ride. Cop did not like the attitude he had and cuffed him. Apparently the clown said something stupid to the cop causing that. I waited five minutes and got the cancellation fee then drove off.

The camera is overall very reliable, the video recording is very high grade too. Anything happens it is easy to download to your phone. The $350 price tag might scare some from it, but it has proven to be a conversation piece on more than one occasion.

CaliQT

You kind of have to work it to be an asset (if possible) If Uber gives you an issue or rider issues like that, then Lyft for a bit. Don’t turn on Uber app. They want the app on, listening, drivers available etc. The first offense maybe off 1 day, then 3 days etc. They understand numbers, you kind of have to put them on deactivate.