• I allow it if they tip

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I politely refuse, say nothing

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I cancel and notify of attempt

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

BurgerTiime

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...er-dispute-boca-raton/HJGGglNreIYkSFzFMiljPJ/

VIEW CAPTION
BOCA RATON
A New York man is facing a charge that he punched an Uber driver early Sunday, according to an arrest report.

Kevin J. Molaro, 23, allegedly punched the 54-year-old driver in the head after he refused to pick up Molaro’s party of seven people.

See who’s been booked into the Palm Beach County Jail

Molaro is facing a charge of burglary with assault and was released from the Palm Beach County Jail late Monday after posting $15,000 bail.

The Uber driver told Boca Raton police that he received a call to pick up a passenger at the Flashback Diner at 1450 N. Federal Highway, northeast of Glades Road, at about 4:15 a.m.

When the driver arrived, he noticed a group of seven people and told them that his 2014 Dodge Caravan could not accommodate that many people.

Molaro then allegedly responded by throwing a punch through the open driver’s side window and struck the man.

Molaro ran from the scene. At least two people in the group told police that Molaro punched the driver.

One witness said Molaro punched the driver because he had been “unprofessional and verbally abusive of the women” in the group, the report said.

Molaro, a Staten Island resident, was arrested at the University Park Apartments near Florida Atlantic University.

tohunt4me

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...er-dispute-boca-raton/HJGGglNreIYkSFzFMiljPJ/

VIEW CAPTION
BOCA RATON
A New York man is facing a charge that he punched an Uber driver early Sunday, according to an arrest report.

Kevin J. Molaro, 23, allegedly punched the 54-year-old driver in the head after he refused to pick up Molaro’s party of seven people.

See who’s been booked into the Palm Beach County Jail

Molaro is facing a charge of burglary with assault and was released from the Palm Beach County Jail late Monday after posting $15,000 bail.

The Uber driver told Boca Raton police that he received a call to pick up a passenger at the Flashback Diner at 1450 N. Federal Highway, northeast of Glades Road, at about 4:15 a.m.

When the driver arrived, he noticed a group of seven people and told them that his 2014 Dodge Caravan could not accommodate that many people.

Molaro then allegedly responded by throwing a punch through the open driver’s side window and struck the man.

Molaro ran from the scene. At least two people in the group told police that Molaro punched the driver.

One witness said Molaro punched the driver because he had been “unprofessional and verbally abusive of the women” in the group, the report said.

Molaro, a Staten Island resident, was arrested at the University Park Apartments near Florida Atlantic University.
" Flashback " Diner ?
Got any pictures of the owner ?
Perhaps Molaro was simply having a " Flashback".

FL_Dex

Uber will probably apologize to the guy who got arrested.

The only time I thought a ride was going to come to blows was the exact same situation at an underage drinking party.

Good reminder to 1) always keep your doors locked and vet/verify pax before they enter, and 2) - always have an "out", an easy way to quickly drive off.

Both easier said than done I know, but when I drive nights I'm always looking for a way out, and do my best not to get tangled up in heavy traffic, bar crowds, and cars that could block me.

Disgusted Driver

Good reminder to 1) always keep your doors locked and vet/verify pax before they enter, and 2) - always have an "out", an easy way to quickly drive off.

Both easier said than done I know, but when I drive nights I'm always looking for a way out, and do my best not to get tangled up in heavy traffic, bar crowds, and cars that could block me.
Agreed, 99% of the time I have a clear path in front of me just in case, I try not to get boxed in. I've driven off a couple of times (either staggerers who are too drunk to ride or loud boisterous parties) and it's always nice to have somewhere to drive off to :wink:

ginseng41

My car got keyed for refusing. I was never able to get anything done about it. Thus was over 2 years ago right after I started and assumed uber would get them to pay for the damages. Never happened and it was too late to get the police to help by that point. I'm still pissed but share the story a lot

Mars Troll Number 4

My car got keyed for refusing. I was never able to get anything done about it. Thus was over 2 years ago right after I started and assumed uber would get them to pay for the damages. Never happened and it was too late to get the police to help by that point. I'm still pissed but share the story a lot
I had my taxi rammed with a shopping cart full of groceries...

People get POed when you tell them you won't do something.

One of the many reasons I don't like doing this job in my own car.

Disgusted Driver

I can't imagine what I would do if someone keyed or rammed my car. I went off on a 20 year old girl for throwing a cup on the floor as she got out.

ginseng41

I drove away immediately and contacted uber...next time it will be the police. No need to put yourself at risk by confronting an obviously crazy person

Graham_DC

2) - always have an "out", an easy way to quickly drive off.
I always make sure I have this in mind. I learned the first time I canceled right in someone's face but then got caught at a red light. It was crazy awkward