Driver Ratings

tevee123

So I was a 5* for awhile, like two weeks (okay, stop laughing) but then I received two lower than 5 stars in a day, and then two the next day, and then one other one somewhere, and now I have a 4.91. What the heck, I've literally done nothing differently.

Also, I'm sure there's some mathematical equation to figure out how many stars someone gave me, but I don't have the time to figure that out.

Yes, I know it's stupid to worry about these things but I'm a perfectionist. :frown:

hangtyte

i wouldn't sweat it. people are people. you can offer the best service and people will still rate you less than 5 stars. you can offer poor service and people still give 5 stars. also we are rated out of 500 trips, so if you're just starting out, it's normal for your rating score to fluctuate until you have more rides under your belt :smiles:

saucy05

So I was a 5* for awhile, like two weeks (okay, stop laughing) but then I received two lower than 5 stars in a day, and then two the next day, and then one other one somewhere, and now I have a 4.91. What the heck, I've literally done nothing differently.

Also, I'm sure there's some mathematical equation to figure out how many stars someone gave me, but I don't have the time to figure that out.

Yes, I know it's stupid to worry about these things but I'm a perfectionist. :frown:
Go to rating section and you will see people posting the same sob story. Sooner or later you will figure out ratings are meaningless as long as you are above the deactivation number. Worrying about things that are out of you control is just wasting energy.

Benalepsy87

It's not stupid, but WHY are you posting in here complaining about a 4.91 rating? How many trips have you given? You have a lot to learn. Your rating isn't going to stay the same if you're new. Throw your perfectionist ways out the window. This is uber. People are going to give you 1 stars for no reason. It's better to learn which people not to pick up. If you've done less than 100 trips then it's probably going to go down before it goes up. That's just how it works.

second2noone

Like what everyone said.

As long as you don't keep getting lower than 4s than you're ok. It would be red flag if that kept happening.

Starting out your rating will be up and down and then start to level off.

Finally impossible to be perfectionist dealing with dum

soulwarrior

Treat others as you want to be treated and you will get comments and 5* from enough people to keep a high rating.

Oh yeah, and tell everyone who you are going to give 5* to that you are going to give them 5*. It takes the guess work out of it for them and they are more likely to give you a 5*. That is how I maintain above 4.9. It insulates me from paxholes who rate me low for not being their slave.
image.png
image.png
image.png

XUberMike

It's the same tools that rate drivers low week after week...they wanted a 350E on X, you picked up another rider on pool or they don't like a Prius...Uber does nothing to these folks while they should be deactivating them.

If you have a rider that consistently dings drivers they should be gone because then drivers turn around and do the same things to riders

soulwarrior

It's the same tools that rate drivers low week after week...they wanted a 350E on X, you picked up another rider on pool or they don't like a Prius...Uber does nothing to these folks while they should be deactivating them.

If you have a rider that consistently dings drivers they should be gone because then drivers turn around and do the same things to riders
What he said but in ALL CAPS!!!!!