Driver ratings

HotUberMess

I did not want to make a new thread about ratings, so I am posting this here.

Has anyone noticed their rating dropping because the number of 1 and 2 star rides is increasing, while the number of 3 and 4 star rides is decreasing?

Here is Vegas riders are giving drivers 1 and 2 star ratings in order to get free rides. Has anyone in Orlando had this happen to them yet?
People all over the forums are mentioning this occurrence

Not me though since I’ve been avoiding driving locals

EcoFinFl

I spoke at length with an Uber customer service person about a new 1 star rating I got while sitting in my house and I haven't driven in a few days. There was no comment, or note what the problem was. What is frustrating with that is that we can't ask to have it removed because Uber doesn't even know what the problem was. I'd like to let it go and just keep driving, but it seems the riders don't understand how the rating system works. Sure they have an opportunity to read it when they sign up, but even Uber said riders don't have to read it, and most don't. I'm not a full time driver, I'm not going to get to 500 rides anytime soon. Does anyone else have a problem with having a 1 star rating and no feedback?
I have my suspicions on two rides why I got a 1, but it still would have been out of my control. But what can I do, or Uber do with no feedback? Nada. It stays.
I'm also wondering if the person waited a long time to put in a rating and they use Uber frequently, they may have rated the wrong driver? I rarely look at the rider app, so I don't know if thats possible.

Please only kind and friendly comments. The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked.

Sly

I spoke at length with an Uber customer service person about a new 1 star rating I got while sitting in my house and I haven't driven in a few days. There was no comment, or note what the problem was. What is frustrating with that is that we can't ask to have it removed because Uber doesn't even know what the problem was. I'd like to let it go and just keep driving, but it seems the riders don't understand how the rating system works. Sure they have an opportunity to read it when they sign up, but even Uber said riders don't have to read it, and most don't. I'm not a full time driver, I'm not going to get to 500 rides anytime soon. Does anyone else have a problem with having a 1 star rating and no feedback?
I have my suspicions on two rides why I got a 1, but it still would have been out of my control. But what can I do, or Uber do with no feedback? Nada. It stays.
I'm also wondering if the person waited a long time to put in a rating and they use Uber frequently, they may have rated the wrong driver? I rarely look at the rider app, so I don't know if thats possible.

Please only kind and friendly comments. The only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked.
They have to rate you before their next Uber ride.

MasterC

Fuber rating system is junk. I watched it for 4 weeks. 10 5-star ratings moves you up .01 whereas 1 negative moves you down a full point. How that is fair is beyond me. That's why I don't drive for Fuber anymore.