Driver Push AGAIN - UGH

My question is this. If everyone is so disappointed in the rates. Why are still you driving? Not trying to be critical. I am actually very interested in the answer. While I understand the frustration, I wonder if people are that unhappy then why continue?

Reversoul

My question is this. If everyone is so disappointed in the rates. Why are still you driving? Not trying to be critical. I am actually very interested in the answer. While I understand the frustration, I wonder if people are that unhappy then why continue?
New members like to ask this question a lot.

PTCGUY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have wondered the same thing and I am not a new member.

Reversoul

So, the answer is? LOL

Just seems to me the "Sit and *****" mentality never really gets someone anywhere.
You want me to give an answer as to why other people think and feel the way they do? If I had that talent I wouldn't be driving for uber...I'd be getting paid to read minds and reveal people's future.

I hated driving people around so I put my focus on uber delivery. I still drive a few pax each day, but I mainly just deliver.

I'm a low voltage tech by trade. I was installing video surveillance, fire alarm systems, access control, voice and data, etc before I got seriously injured. I don't want to go into detail about it, but I can't do that kind of work anymore. Heck, I can barely do this gig without pain. I was doing a lot of installs in commercial and government buildings. I even installed some fire alarm systems in some of the new facilities at ksu.

Anyway, I made a choice to go back to school so I can do low voltage programming. It pays very well and it doesn't involve carrying heavy spools of wire and 12 foot ladders.

I don't think we are compensated fairly by uber, but I still do it because of the flexibility. I'm only in my 30's so I feel I have plenty of time to rectify my situation.

nomad_driver

I'm disappointed when ever I have to any kind of work, but it has to get done. I'm a currency trader and I relate it to fishing. After I set up my rod and reel and cast the bait out I do a lot of waiting for that fish to bite. I do my market analysis when I'm at home and then I go drive. I have an app on my phone that lets me know when the fish is about to bite and I execute the trade in between uber rides. So for now as much as uber business practices annoy then hell out of me it fits what I need right now.

You want me to give an answer as to why other people think and feel the way they do? If I had that talent I wouldn't be driving for uber...I'd be getting paid to read minds and reveal people's future.

I hated driving people around so I put my focus on uber delivery. I still drive a few pax each day, but I mainly just deliver.

I'm a low voltage tech by trade. I was installing video surveillance, fire alarm systems, access control, voice and data, etc before I got seriously injured. I don't want to go into detail about it, but I can't do that kind of work anymore. Heck, I can barely do this gig without pain. I was doing a lot of installs in commercial and government buildings. I even installed some fire alarm systems in some of the new facilities at ksu.

Anyway, I made a choice to go back to school so I can do low voltage programming. It pays very well and it doesn't involve carrying heavy spools of wire and 12 foot ladders.

I don't think we are compensated fairly by uber, but I still do it because of the flexibility. I'm only in my 30's so I feel I have plenty of time to rectify my situation.
Love the response! I wish I could read minds too. I totally get it.

For my part. My real job provides for me. I am in my early 40's and my kids are grown. My wife works and goes to school full time so I have a ton of idle time on my hands. Instead of playing Xbox all day. I choose to do something productive. So, I guess that makes me one of the part-time soul stealing wretches that full-time drivers hate.

I completely agree about the compensation. I do think there is room to grow back to the higher rates. However, with Uber and Lyft tied in this rate war. It will take the business climate to change a bit for it to happen.

UberHoax

I have injury as well and cannot work set schedules. Sometimes it's so bad I have to cancel just before I pick the person up. Other days I cannot work at all. I usually just work a few hours a day.

UberHoax

I'm disappointed when ever I have to any kind of work, but it has to get done. I'm a currency trader and I relate it to fishing. After I set up my rod and reel and cast the bait out I do a lot of waiting for that fish to bite. I do my market analysis when I'm at home and then I go drive. I have an app on my phone that lets me know when the fish is about to bite and I execute the trade in between uber rides. So for now as much as uber business practices annoy then hell out of me it fits what I need right now.
I used to trade when I worked in an office. That combination works well... have u tried trading while employed in an office? There are companies you can work through for short term or longer length projects.

Reversoul

I have injury as well and cannot work set schedules. Sometimes it's so bad I have to cancel just before I pick the person up. Other days I cannot work at all. I usually just work a few hours a day.
We always practiced safety first and running wire in 80 foot ceilings was not uncommon. But on one seemingly normal day, I was doing something I had done a thousand times before with no issues and I slipped trying to clip my harness.

I was working my way up in the company. I was on my way to being a project manager. I'm terribly afraid of heights now because of it.

Anyway, enough of this sob story. Things happen for a reason I hope. I think I have a bright future ahead. I just need to stay focused and keep driving. Some days my spine hurts so bad I can barely get in and out of my car...and that's with pain meds. I think it just makes me stronger though.