Driver only had 3 seats

joffie

Picked up some Pax in Richmond going to South Yarra and they said the other UBER driver only had 3 seats as a child's seat was filling up the 4th spot.

Seriously why didn't this guy just put the Child seat in the boot?

About as dumb as the driver app on no surge 1AM sitting outside the Ringwood club having a smoke.

Uber on.

LevelX

As a pax I would have reported the trip.... not good enough. If you're going to Uber, then make the car ready. Put the car seat in the boot or better yet, leave it at home!

I also bet it was on the rear passenger side too! The prim seating pos that paxs like.

About as dumb as the driver app on no surge 1AM sitting outside the Ringwood club having a smoke.
Wait, Ringwood surges at that hour!? I thought this guy was in the city!

whatsataxi

The driver was probably under duress. before he left home I'm pretty sure it went something like - yes dear u can go play uber but if u take out the baby seat then I'll rip your nads off. Dumb maybe, whipped definately lol

And no it wasn't me :smiles:

LevelX

Duress or not, not a valid reason to leave it in the car. Anyhow, if his married, his nads have already been ripped off and stored safely in a shoe box under the bed :wink:

Graham J

There really are some dumb and horrible bastards driving for Uber. Lady told me the other day that someone else booked the Uber on her behalf and when she arrived the driver clipped her for $20 cash because she asked how much for the ride.

joffie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Graham J - Look mate, I don't want to sound racist but every single uber I see in the CBD is basically an ethnic male driving a Camry.
I am thinking quite a few of these drivers are ex or current taxi drivers, therefore have the dodgy mentality and bringing it to UBER.
Its a shame really.

Graham J

Yep Joffie it is a shame. I had visions of Uber being successful because of the quality of its drivers and professional service and we could be differentiated from the shabby taxi industry. Alas, not happening that way! This is what you get when you screw your most valuable assets (drivers) down to the lowest possible level

Graham J

I like dumb drivers...makes me look better
Welcome to the Melbourne threads wk1102, recently here in Australia there was a quote referring to one of our political parties and its leader which said that the leader was like a cherry sitting on top of the manure heap. That's you wk1102 (The cherry I mean)!

LevelX

I see in the CBD is basically an ethnic male driving a Camry.
HEY.... I drive a Camry.........White boi in a camry.... yeah thats me!

This is what you get when you screw your most valuable assets (drivers) down to the lowest possible level
Yep.... All the 'better' cars and drivers leave once you're working for peanuts, so the next layer down comes in to fill the gap. Which in this case is just taxi drivers shifting from a taxi jobs into their personal cars for Uber now.....

Ubers downside will be its driver fleet.... They have little control over the type of driver/car. When Uber turns into Taxi 2.0, will paxs turn away from the service to another service? maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.

I've had lots of paxs comment on my car being so clean and new (its nearly 5 years old!!). So I'm guessing a lot of the others out there are driving older, dirtier cars? :/

Lady told me the other day that someone else booked the Uber on her behalf and when she arrived the driver clipped her for $20 cash because she asked how much for the ride.
I've had a few new riders offer to pay me at the end, I'm like no its all paid for automatically to your credit card/paypal you selected when you signed up. I could have been a 'taxi' driver and put my hand out for a cash cough cough 'tip', but I like to see myself as better than that. I have morals.

Last edited: