1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Driver left holding the bag after accident

Discussion in 'Insurance' started by BurgerTiime, Dec 22, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Her personal auto insurance should

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. mrlasvegas

mrlasvegas Active Member

American Family is very anti rideshare. I would stay away from them in general and especially if someone is doing rideshare. In any state.

3. MrPincushion

MrPincushion Active Member

American Family could have, and should have, stood their ground. She has no idea how lucky she is.

It's amazing to me that someone would propose to drive strangers around for money and not thoroughly research their idea before acting on it. She is exactly the type of driver Uber wants, 'I just hop in my car and get money!'. Until something goes wrong, then she cries about it on television and gets her way. It's ignorant fools like this that wreck things for everybody.

4. BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    I believe you're 100% correct. If if wasn't for the news report it would've been highly unlikely American Family would cover this accident. They must not what any bad coverage especially this time of year.

5. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    I feel the exact same way and post identical thoughts.

6. jester121

jester121 Well-Known Member

And the rest of AmFam's customers get rate increases to cover the cost of her business risk.

BurgerTiime and phillipzx3 like this.
  7. njn

njn Active Member

"You could be sitting at your kitchen table with the app turned on and a tree falls on your car, why should Uber be buying your physical damage coverage?" said John Clarke, the senior VP of marketing for James River Insurance Company.

Quote of the day.

8. BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Yeah what a ****** bag huh?