Driver Injury Protection Insurance??? (Uber)

jbk416

I've had it for awhile I just recently cancelled it.....I could always reapply again but is it worth it??? How many of you signed up for it?? Its not expensive 4 cents a mile but is it really worth it???

Caspita

I've had it for awhile I just recently cancelled it.....I could always reapply again but is it worth it??? How many of you signed up for it?? Its not expensive 4 cents a mile but is it really worth it???
It’s never a mistake to have more insurance and for the cost of it if it’s eating into your overall profit then sorry but you are doing something wrong lol! Besides, surge doesn’t account into it. Meaning with a 2X for example those extra 4 cents become 8 but you still pay only 4.

jbk416

its not eating into my profit but i feel like its a scam...idk anyone who has had to use it.... and if they would really pay out when its time to....

freeFromUber

It’s never a mistake to have more insurance and for the cost of it if it’s eating into your overall profit then sorry but you are doing something wrong lol! Besides, surge doesn’t account into it. Meaning with a 2X for example those extra 4 cents become 8 but you still pay only 4.
Wow!...you get a 2.0x surge....???....not me!

Caspita

its not eating into my profit but i feel like its a scam...idk anyone who has had to use it.... and if they would really pay out when its time to....
Well.. let's hope never having to meet anyone that needs to use it lol!.. the insurance is provided by a third party not by Uber, that would be illegal I think.. and the 3rd party I'm sure gets audited heavily.. could it be a scam? absolutely.. but more likely not.

Wow!...you get a 2.0x surge....???....not me!
Then move to other areas LOL!.. you are probably driving at the wrong locations.

I do take regular fares trips too otherwise it'll be hard to meet my weekly targets on the time I have available but usually under controlled conditions like DF and pings labeled as long trips.. but I also know where and when to be on specific schedules to get some surge unrestricted pings.. I don't mind going to NYC on a 3+ even with traffic lol!.. at 3x you are making .33 cents per minute on the time alone lol!.. plus about $2 per mile.

Cigars

If you are driving at base rate of 73 cents, 4 cents a mile is about 4 % of your gross earnings (factoring in time, surge, etc.)
All for $2,000 if you lose you hand (or some number like that).
Reading the fine print there are 10,000 ways they would not pay out. Insurance companies make money by not paying claims.

The main benefit was $50,000 if you outright die.

I decided to keep my miserable 4% and let my survivors sue if I die, or try to sue for myself if I lose a hand or an eye instead of accepting $2,000.

Cigars

Also, if you have a heart attack or stroke and then you wreck or have the heart attack the moment you drive into the tree, (the most likely reason for us old fogies to drive into a tree) you are not covered you and you survivors get zero benefits.

Also, if you already have an insurance policy that would cover you for these benefits, that policy supersedes this policy, so you get nothing.

If workers comp will pay the claim, you get nothing.

If you die because a terrorist blows up the bridge you are on, you get nothing.

If you took cough medicine against the recommended dose, you get nothing.

If you lose your life or hand because a customer claims self defense and is not convicted because their is doubt in juries mind that you might have attacked them first or they believed you were about to do something they had to defend themselves against, you get nothing.

If what caused the event is Cumulative Trauma and/or Repetitive Conditions, Occupational Disease, you get nothing.

If they can claim you died or lost your eye because a first responder, doctor, or civilian that tried to help made a mistake, you get nothing.

BobbyK

You are an idiot if you sign up for this Driver Injury Protection. They will find any way to deny you and for 4 cent per mile, you are getting reemed! That is a complete rip off.

Call Erie Insurance and get medical coverage far better than this AND get coverage for the gap when you don't have a passenger in your vehicle and driving for Uber with your app on waiting for rides. It also covers any gaps that Ubers insurance won't cover and is a business vehicle coverage, very similar to what taxi drivers have to get but specifically for Uber and driving related to your work and normal leisure driving. I pay $1200 a year for FULL COVERAGE and have peace of mind when I drive for Uber.
That includes up to $300,000 in bodily injury for myself and any passengers. For a few bucks more a year, I'm sure I could get a million if I wanted that much.

jerseyboys

You are an idiot if you sign up for this Driver Injury Protection. They will find any way to deny you and for 4 cent per mile, you are getting reemed! That is a complete rip off.

Call Erie Insurance and get medical coverage far better than this AND get coverage for the gap when you don't have a passenger in your vehicle and driving for Uber with your app on waiting for rides. It also covers any gaps that Ubers insurance won't cover and is a business vehicle coverage, very similar to what taxi drivers have to get but specifically for Uber and driving related to your work and normal leisure driving. I pay $1200 a year for FULL COVERAGE and have peace of mind when I drive for Uber.
That includes up to $300,000 in bodily injury for myself and any passengers. For a few bucks more a year, I'm sure I could get a million if I wanted that much.

Erie doesn't cover NJ for ridesharing.

Farmers, Allstate, and USAA.

BobbyK

Erie doesn't cover NJ for GAP.

That sucks for you :frown:

If you haven't already, do research and try to find a reputable insurance company that provides coverage for Uber drivers that isn't commercial insurance because commercial insurance is way too expensive for just being an Uber driver. I believe my policy is business insurance. I am too lazy to dig up my policy at the moment and getting ready to hit the sack. Long day of work. Haven't driven for Uber in several months, thankfully. No more surge ever and just not worth it IMO any more. Too many drivers in Cincinnati, OH.

Good luck jerseyboys.