Driver gets punched in Myrtle Beach for not giving cancel fee to rider

ToughTommy

Moral of story. If you have cancelled and people appear and ask why you cancel.
Step 1 lock your doors
Step 2 get windows up
Step 3 Say sorry and say send them an email.
I am not in a dangerous area but late at night with drunken people protect yourself and don't explain why. I frequently lock my doors which is a good habit anyway.
GTFO

TwoFiddyMile

Myrtle Beach = Wildwood with Rednecks.

I played a gig in Wildwood about 25 years ago. Some local townies saw my NY License plate and blocked off the entire roadway with their van.
"Guys I was just here to work for the night- im not a tourist...".
They told me they were gonna beat the shit out of me anyways (it was late September in the tourist town).

I said "very well" and reached into the hatchback for my mic stand.
I went into baseball home run batting stance and let them know that the base was made out of cast iron.
I also told them they might kill me, but I'm gonna take someones jaw off in the process.
They left me alone after that.

Ardery

absolutely. when the timer is up, I make sure my doors are locked, windows go up, I pull out of parking place, then click cancel.

never accept the re-ping.

if they walk up to you while canceling, politely say "I'm sorry you need to be ready. please do not request a car unless you're already outside and ready to go."

tohunt4me

I always make a practice of having my engine turned on, car in gear (and pointing out of the driveway if applicable) and ready to go whenever I hit the no show button. I also never accept pings from pax I just cancelled on.
I do that at the bank ATM.
IF I AM IN THE CAR
CAR MUST BE READY TO MOVE.
AT ALL TIMES.