• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Driver Dispatching by UBER

Richard Carr

I had a very bad experience with UBER when they removed my vehicle from the approved list because they thought, incorrectly, that my registration had expired. After a number of e-mails failed (support 24/7?) failed to receive a response, I drove across the city of Phoenix. I was more than a little unhappy to have lost Thursdays income and to have to drive across the city to get the matter resolved. When I arrived, I asked for the manager and was more than a bit loud and perhaps vented my frustrations a bit overzealously. I did; however, finally get the matter resolved, was put back to an operations level.

When I went to the streets late on Friday afternoon I received calls from prospective passengers many miles from where I was located. I would start to their location only to have the prospective passenger cancel the trip when they figured out that I was perhaps 12 to 15 minutes away. This happened several times. In one instance, my passengers commented when they were safely in my car that they thought it a bit strange that I was selected from such a distant location. They added that when they first turned on their app, there were several cars showing in their proximity. However, when they "activated" their request for a ride, all but my vehicle disappeard from the screen.

Friday nights are typically my best night; however after about 9:45 PM, I did not receive another call and at about 11:30, quit and went home.

My question: Does the management of UBER have the ability to mess with my trips, i.e., only allow distand prospective passengers to call into my app. IN addition, alought I was online at all times, could they simply set the system to ignore me. Could either of these circumstances occur as a result of a "get even" because I gave them a hard time or in the opinion of other drivers, was this simply a strange evening with few on the streets?

Dick

Tx rides

I had a very bad experience with UBER when they removed my vehicle from the approved list because they thought, incorrectly, that my registration had expired. After a number of e-mails failed (support 24/7?) failed to receive a response, I drove across the city of Phoenix. I was more than a little unhappy to have lost Thursdays income and to have to drive across the city to get the matter resolved. When I arrived, I asked for the manager and was more than a bit loud and perhaps vented my frustrations a bit overzealously. I did; however, finally get the matter resolved, was put back to an operations level.

When I went to the streets late on Friday afternoon I received calls from prospective passengers many miles from where I was located. I would start to their location only to have the prospective passenger cancel the trip when they figured out that I was perhaps 12 to 15 minutes away. This happened several times. In one instance, my passengers commented when they were safely in my car that they thought it a bit strange that I was selected from such a distant location. They added that when they first turned on their app, there were several cars showing in their proximity. However, when they "activated" their request for a ride, all but my vehicle disappeard from the screen.

Friday nights are typically my best night; however after about 9:45 PM, I did not receive another call and at about 11:30, quit and went home.

My question: Does the management of UBER have the ability to mess with my trips, i.e., only allow distand prospective passengers to call into my app. IN addition, alought I was online at all times, could they simply set the system to ignore me. Could either of these circumstances occur as a result of a "get even" because I gave them a hard time or in the opinion of other drivers, was this simply a strange evening with few on the streets?

Dick
Maybe the cars which disappeared were "ghost" cars.

uberdriver

Dick
You guessed it right. Uber has the capacity to prioritize some drivers over others in terms of the assignment of pings. When and how they exactly use it is not publicly known. In the future learn how to behave like a subservient slave when you meet with them and you will be ok.

RainbowPlate

Uber has the capacity to prioritize some drivers over others in terms of the assignment of pings.
No doubt, but their pax-facing website states unequivocally that the closest driver is always the one pinged.

I'm sure that question will come up in a discovery proceeding someday.

uberdriver

No doubt, but their pax-facing website states unequivocally that the closest driver is always the one pinged.

I'm sure that question will come up in a discovery proceeding someday.
What Uber says in websites, emails, texts and advertising is called Uberspeak. I don't need to explain what that means. What they say in their contractual terms is usually more seriously written. Have you seen anything of this nature in the passenger's terms of service ?

merkurfan

Maybe the cars which disappeared were "ghost" cars.

I see a lot of "ghost" cars.. I log in to the rider app from my home (some 40 miles from downtown) and there are 4 cars with in 8 minutes of me. Put a request in and its 38 minutes because a car from about 30 miles gets the ping..

Uber can't get enough bodies on the road they are starting to fake it.

uberdriver

I see a lot of "ghost" cars.. I log in to the rider app from my home (some 40 miles from downtown) and there are 4 cars with in 8 minutes of me. Put a request in and its 38 minutes because a car from about 30 miles gets the ping..

Uber can't get enough bodies on the road they are starting to fake it.
It's the new class of service coming up after UberBlack, SUV, Plus and X. It's UberGhost. Designed for the thrill-seeker passenger.

REBU22

It's the new class of service coming up after UberBlack, SUV, Plus and X. It's UberGhost. Designed for the thrill-seeker passenger.
Waiting for the IPO, so I can short the shares, problem is,
There's not a shot in the world that they are going public,..
Nobody ( even Goldman Sachs wouldn't go that low )..